SVN and NullException Errors After Update

After the latest upgrade, when we went to open our project in Xamarin Studio on the Mac, it first gave us warnings about "The Subversion Working Format Is too new" asking to disable version control (which we have never used through XS on the Mac) and then after getting through NUMEROUS warnings about this, we get the following error ad infiitum (i.e. we can't get through all the errors to update packages, much less develop)

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.Components.ExtensibleTreeView.SetIconCellData (Gtk.TreeViewColumn col, Gtk.CellRenderer renderer, TreeModel model, TreeIter it) [0x00010] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/monodevelop-lion-monodevelop-5.5-branch/6d4c806e/source/monodevelop/main/src/core/MonoDevelop.Ide/MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.Components/ExtensibleTreeView.cs:242
at GtkSharp.TreeCellDataFuncWrapper.NativeCallback (IntPtr tree_column, IntPtr cell, IntPtr tree_model, IntPtr iter, IntPtr data) [0x0002c] in /private/tmp/source-mono-mac-3.10.0-branch/bockbuild-mono-3.10.0-branch/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/gtk-sharp-2.12.21/gtk/generated/GtkSharp.TreeCellDataFuncNative.cs:57

Anyone have any ideas? We cannot get through to our project at this point.

• MariusUngureanuMariusUngureanu ROXamarin Team Xamurai

Were you using 1.8 subversion in /usr/lib?

• KeithRoweKeithRowe USMember

I don't see anything in /usr/lib for subversion or svn. What specifically should we be looking for?

We had used SVN, but were only running it on the VM for Windows 8.1 we have installed.

Just uninstalled and reinstalled XS, and updated TortoiseSVN to 1.8.8 (Subversion library 1.8.10), and no improvement.

Oh. Wait a second. I'm confused. Isn't TortoiseSVN Windows only? The errors pasted are on a Mac.

That is what confused me as well. We are running TortoiseSVN as our only source control, on a VM running on the Mac. We are not using Mac source control, which is why the messaging confused me. We are running XS on the Mac.

Okay, so, to understand this correctly. You're opening the Solution which physically resides on the Windows VM. Which you checked out with 1.8 Subversion.

The subversion libraries on Mac are 1.7.x, which means 1.8 formats aren't supported. Unless Apple decides to bump this, we cannot do anything, since we're using system libs.

On the other hand, I fixed the numerous warning dialogs issue. No idea on the ETA, for now you can disable the Subversion addin until an update comes up.

The warnings dialogs being the SVN warnings, or the other errors? We downgraded and the prior XS version is running OK for us right now.

• MilanLakhaniMilanLakhani USMember ✭✭

Any other solution rather to downgrade XS? I have the same issue as above. I have not configured any svn with Xamarin Studio and no any project prior to this in any machine.
    I have made some sample projects with xamarin studio, but every day i starts the studio and it gives the numerous prompt.

• MilanLakhaniMilanLakhani USMember ✭✭

Finally, Solved the issue by moving my Demo Code Folder to another path where i have not checked out my docs from SVN.