Xamarin.Forms 1.3.0 Prerelease 2

• nbevansnbevans USMember ✭✭✭

@JasonASmith It would be good if Xamarin Forms could emit some sort of warning log message when "suspicious" or otherwise "unsupported" hierarchies of views are composed... such as ScrollView within a ScrollView or ListView within a ScrollView etc. Just a thought.

• I've a ListView with an ObservableCollection source. The source is cleaned and populated on a separated thread.
    I recevied (only on IOS) this error:

Objective-C exception thrown. Name: NSInternalInconsistencyException Reason: Invalid update: invalid number of rows in section 0. The number of rows contained in an existing section after the update (1) must be equal to the number of rows contained in that section before the update (11), plus or minus the number of rows inserted or deleted from that section (1 inserted, 0 deleted) and plus or minus the number of rows moved into or out of that section (0 moved in, 0 moved out).

Not occours in a stable version or in 1.3 p1

• WinPhone still has a critical bug on Picker (empy list) (my app use many Pickers...)

• FredyWengerFredyWenger CHInsider ✭✭✭✭✭

@JasonASmith:
    XF is (per definition) cross-platform (means, an app have to work on all platforms).
    In our portal, the user can search for various search-criteria's (this an important major benefit of our portal).
    I have searched (and worked) for weeks to find a user-friendly way to implement the (complex) search-page and found a solution in combination of searchbars and listviews.
    I think, this is a “normal need” of bigger “real-life” apps that have access to web-service for query data.
    My ListViews don’t take the whole amount of space of the page, so I don’t see the problem why the scrolling should not be possible (if the LV has the focus, scroll the LV, else scroll the page).
    I don’t see any other solution for implementation my needs on a user-friendly way (or can you give me one?).
    This has worked without problems before Pre-1 - also on Android.
    Now, the ListView’s can’t be scrolled anymore (this hast "broken" my app).
    So, please take this as bug and re-change (whatever you have changed in Pre-1).
    Thanks

@nbevans‌:

• 1 to your suggestion.
      But… I don’t see another way to implement my needs in a user-friendly way.

@MauroDeIoris‌:
    +1 to WP-bug (empty Pickers)

• TheosTheos NLBeta ✭✭

@JasonASmith‌
    Get an exception on Android with MasterDetailPage when setting a page, which I've set before, using a new NavigationPage to the Detail property.

more details and a test app in this bug report: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=25280

• TheRealJasonSmithTheRealJasonSmith USXamarin Team Xamurai

@DanielL‌ http://screencast.com/t/bRO6MkZvt MWAHAHAHAH (that was really hard to fix because we still dont do a full cycling layout system)

• DanielLDanielL PLInsider ✭✭✭✭

@JasonASmith‌ Thanks, that's what I need! (background music: "We are the champions")

BTW: You mentioned Carousel View for future. Do you plan to make possible to listen when "slide" event occurs. It could be useful to make some animations when user starts to slide (e.g. some labels could fade out or move out of the screen, etc).
    BTW: Is it possible to make something like that with CarouselPage? Do you have any tips for that (custom renderer)?

• AnthonyRamirezAnthonyRamirez USUniversity ✭✭✭

Hi @FredyWenger‌

Do you happen to have a screenshot of what you would like to achieve. Perhaps I could propose an alternate solution. :)

Thanks,
    Ant

edited December 2014

@MauroDeloris if you want to enable your ListView to update the collection from a thread you need to call BindingBase.EnableCollectionSynchronization. The fact that it worked before was probably a fluke, unless you already are enabling collection synchronization in which case let me know and we will start hunting.

Woops, seeing the picker issue now, fixing!

• LuckyDayLuckyDay USMember ✭✭✭

@FredyWenger‌ I don't know your specific usage or situation but doing the good samaritan thing and trying to help out.

In general I agree with @JasonSmith‌ that having two containers that scroll in the same direction with one nested in the other doesn't make sense. Which container do you think the user was intending to scroll? Can you really know? I think you're going to end up with a sub-optimal user experience.

If you're only showing a single ListView at a time (what I read from your situation, might be totally wrong in that understanding) then do you really need a ScrollView as opposed to some other Layout container? Even beyond that do you really need multiple ListViews? Could you not manage a single data bound ObservableCollection in a view model to show your search results in a single ListView?

Again, might not fit your scenario but trying to be helpful and think of other layouts that could work for you :smile:

Empty pickers resolved

@TimBrand I am trying to build a small reproduction of your issue, maybe I'm not understand where I am going wrong here. This is what I have created:

var mdPage = new MasterDetailPage () {
                Master = new ContentPage { Title = "Master" }
            };

var page1 = new ContentPage {
                BackgroundColor = Color.Red
            };

var page2 = new ContentPage {
                BackgroundColor = Color.Blue
            };

var mainPage1 = new NavigationPage (page1);
            var mainPage2 = new NavigationPage (page2);

var button1 = new Button {
                Text = "Go To Page 2"
            };

var button2 = new Button {
                Text = "Go To Page 1"
            };

page1.Content = button1;
            page2.Content = button2;

button1.Clicked += (sender, args) => mdPage.Detail = mainPage2;
            button2.Clicked += (sender, args) => mdPage.Detail = mainPage1;

mdPage.Detail = mainPage1;

MainPage = mdPage;

Unfortunately, it’s not so easy…

The app is accessing our already existing web-portal (via json-web-service).
    One of the major benefits of our portal is, that the user can search for various, very detailed search-criteria’s...
    So I have to use various (more then 2) ListViews and implement much logic for a user-friendly implementation on one search-page.
    So.. if the Listviews are not scrollable further, this is a real, huge problem for me!

I don’t see another solution yet to implement the search-page other than with ListViews.

I have created a short description (.pfd) that describes the needs and the search-page (including screenshots).

Anybody that want to help me is invited warmly to send me a private message with mail-address.
    I then will send you the .pfd.

Any help is highly appreciated…

This to not strain this thread (and the nerves of Jason;-) further

@FredyWenger, while its very difficult for us to figure out the correct height for your listview, if you know how tall it should be because you know the number of cells you expect, and the height of those cells, just add it all up and set it as the HeightRequest of the ListView (and please wait for pre3 for that, I just tested and there is a small fix needed to make that kind of thing work)

@JasonASmith‌:
    Thanks for reply, but don't know exactly what you mean...?
    The problem is, that the ListViews aren't scrollable anymore...

• MihaMarkicMihaMarkic SI ✭✭✭✭

Are dynamic row height listviews something we might get in 1.3? iOS of course.
    Also, are ListViewRenderer types going to be public anytime soon? i.e. for setting separators.

About navigation. Great, now it is more flexible, but still, it works only on Page instances and not types. The problem of stuffing images in pages that accumulate on stack is probably still there.
    Is there a way to implement own implementation of INavigation or at least get some events when navigation is happening?

• DanielLDanielL PLInsider ✭✭✭✭

+1 for dynamic row height for ListViews on iOS. I think it's a really important thing for everyone.

• adamkempadamkemp USInsider, Developer Group Leader mod

@MihaMarkic‌

Great, now it is more flexible, but still, it works only on Page instances and not types.

I don't understand. Why would the navigation API work with types? You can push multiple instances of the same type of Page onto one stack. Can you explain more about what you're trying to do?

Is there a way to...get some events when navigation is happening?

Again, I'm confused. There are already events. What are you wanting that's not there already? The back button event I think closed the last hole.

+2 for dynamic row height for ListViews on iOS.
    This is definitely a very important thing for everyone...

• EricMaupinEricMaupin USXamarin Team Xamurai

Are dynamic row height listviews something we might get in 1.3?

No, we're done with features for 1.3.

• VictorHGarciaVictorHGarcia USUniversity ✭✭
    edited December 2014

Bad luck for me. :(

I was hoping the "Placeholder text color" feature be on the 1.3 final release. hehehe.

http://xamarin.uservoice.com/forums/144858-xamarin-product-suggestions/suggestions/6827856-placeholder-text-color-on-xamarin-forms

Maybe Santa Claus will make it true this month ;)

@adamkemp‌ The way it is working right now is that you push an instance and instance gets retained in cache. Do that a few times with heavy pages and it will outofmemory crash on you.
    So, instead of working with instances one might push page types instead, navigation would create an instance out of it when required. When such page gets to a history, the instance can be destroyed and only type retained. Actually one would need a page type and an context object (with initialization data).

• TheosTheos NLBeta ✭✭

@JasonASmith‌
    Reply for http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/comment/92578/#Comment_92578

Your example is not exactly how my code was setup. But I've notices that it's not 'allowed' to reuse pages into new NavigationPages. So now I'm rebuilding a list of Content and NavigationPages which includes all my pages everytime it's required. I can accept this.

But also just noticed that clicking the menu-button on the MasterDetailPage will result in an exception after the MasterDetailPage is set to the MainPage for the 2nd time (so where I kept the MasterDetailPage in a local reference).
    I'll look further into this, and report more details when I got them.

• DirkWeltzDirkWeltz DEMember ✭✭✭

I could understand @FredyWenger‌: I also have a page with some text and images before a ListView. I don't know, how much text I have at runtime and I don't know the size of the image. After this trailer I have a ListView as menu for other pages. Because of the fact, that the trailer could get long, the ListView could be outside of the screen. So I have to use a scrollbox around all content.

@JasonASmith‌: If I understand you in this case (ListView inside of ScrollView) correct, you suggest to resize the ListView, so that it is visible complete and only use the ScrollView to scroll. Is this correct? And in FredyWengers case it would be possible to set the height of the ListView after entering something in the SearchBar. This would give

SearchBar empty -> Following ListView.HeightRequest = 0
    SearchBar not empty -> Following ListView.HeightRequest = results.Count * result.Height

The only disadvantage is, that he couldn't hold the SearchBar on the screen while scrolling trough the results.

• TheosTheos NLBeta ✭✭
    edited December 2014

I've reported 2 bugs regarding the reuse of a MasterDetailPage, @JasonASmith‌ :

Menu fails: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=25320

Setting a Detail page fails: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=25319

@charlenni:
    Thanks for your posting.
    As I wrote, I have a very complex search-page (as the search-possibilities is a major feature of our portal).
    There are various ListViews (not only one or two) on the page.
    The ListViews are "coupled" with searchbars (similar to a combobox in Windows).
    The ListViews are invisible by start of the page (isvisible = false).
    As soon, as the user select a Searchbar, the related ListView becomes visible (isvisible = true).
    As soon as the user type in some text, the underlying list is filtered by the input in the Searchbox.
    As soon as the user select an Item from the ListView, the selected Item (e.g zip-code and city) is overtaken and the Listview disappears (isvisible = false).
    I have 3 of this Listviews on the search-page.
    Further I have a (own) "Multiselect-Listview" on the page, where the user can select/unselect multiple (up to 30) items in the ListView (if an item is selected, a check is showed, if a selected item is unselected, the check disappears).
    And there are further simple searchbars (for simple text) on the page.
    This works fine and fast (with more then 4'000 ListView items in the case of zip/city) and also has worked in Android before Pre-1. The only problem is, that now the scrolling of the Listview's don't work anymore in android.
    If you send me a PM with your mail-address, I will send you a short-description (.pdf) so that you can see, what I'm talking about.

SearchBar empty -> Following ListView.HeightRequest = 0 SearchBar not empty -> Following ListView.HeightRequest = results.Count * result.Height

Thanks for that... this can - maybe be - what Jason has opined... but I don't see how this solves the problem yet...

If you have a real business-app that is able to query much data, you simply will have the need to show multiple ListViews in a scrollable page.
    I also can't see the problem here... if the ListView has the focus on a scrollable page and a scroll-event appears, scroll (only) the ListView (prevent the ScrollView to receive the scroll events), If the ListView don't have the focus, scroll the page.
    In the Android-forum, there is a workaround for this: (forums.xamarin.com/discussion/comment/92505/#Comment_92505

Unfortunately I don't know, how to implement the code in XF (and also don't want to implement it, it this can be done in XF-standard).

@Charlenni‌ also if your ListView is big enough you will OutOfMemory exception because putting a ListView in a ScrollView disables all virtualizaiton. It will also be very slow as it gets bigger.

• Only on Android EntryCell in a ListView is always disabled (the keyboard not shows). It works on IOS.
    No problems with Xamarin.Forms stable version.

EntryCell is a problem on Android in general right now. We are working on trying to fix it. The problem is when the keyboard comes up Android needs to relayout which causes android to automatically hide the keyboard. If you know a nice way to fix this we are all ears. It happens on stable also, it's just a different set of triggers now that some other changes have been made.

• Strangely works in a tableview...

@MihaMarkic‌ that would not allow Pages to keep state even when not the topmost Page. It works the same in iOS without a problem. You have OnAppearing and OnDisappearing to shed some weight if needed, but the instance should not be destroyed just because it's not topmost. That would be too difficult to work with. Let's not reinvent Android's insane framework.

@adamkemp The last I checked it'd outofmemory with a couple of pages with big images. Alas that was pre 1.3. I'll check it with 1.3 when I can. This is by far the most important issue.

The other problem is that Android will eventually wipe out your application when memory is low (other OS do probably the same) and user looses the state - that could be avoided if types were used (but that's not very important, it'd might come handy in certain situations I guess).

(Thinking out loud): But I really wonder, why wouldn't Forms allow us to server pages from a custom source. I could imagine INavigation having a PageRequested event where one could implement it and server whatever instance makes sense (plus some other methods of course). Or, even better, have a possibility to implement a custom INavigation implementation, which I don't think is possible at present (or is it?). Furthermore unit testing would benefit if one could use custom INavigation implementation.

Anyway, if there were some official documentation how memory usage is handled during page navigation, we'd have a better picture.

• AndreZinnerAndreZinner DEMember

@JasonASmith‌ : Although you promised on Dec10, that map issue / null pointer check, which can be seen in my MasterDetailPage sample, didn't make it into the PRE3, right? (It is not listed, and the app still crashes with the updated nuget packages...). You don't forget to include it next time ....

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod

Will you be able to have a map pinned expanded automatically when you release 1.3 as it now has a clicked event?

Something like the scenario below?

var pin = new Pin { Type = PinType.Place, Position = pos, Label = geopos.VesselName, Address = string.Format(ResourceConstants.GeoPosPinDataSource, geopos.PositionProvider), IsOpen="true" <== (would be nice :smiley: ) }; VesselMap.Pins.Add(pin); VesselMap.IsVisible = true;

The last I checked it'd outofmemory with a couple of pages with big images.

I agree that this is a serious problem that people are having, and Xamarin should find a solution. However, in the meantime I think you can use OnDisappearing to clear out any references to images and then reload them in OnAppearing.

The other problem is that Android will eventually wipe out your application when memory is low...

I don't see how this problem is solved by your suggestion. Something still has to save the app state, and the state of the navigation stack includes data stored in Page instances themselves, not just the list of Page types. You couldn't fully restore the app in the same state using only types.

What you're proposing is a fundamentally different kind of navigation API, and one that I think would be very difficult to use effectively. Regardless, it's not happening in 1.3.0, and I suggest if you want to keep discussing it then we should take it to another thread.

• NickWilsonNickWilson USMember

@DezMoleski‌, @GeoffArmstrong‌ there's got to be a more "naturalistic" way of doing this. I agree that having these font properties now included within label/button/etc. is an improvement over previous versions, but the NamedSizes enum was a really simple/convenient way of setting font sizes.. At the very least, a breakdown somewhere of how the options in that enum correlate to double values would be helpful..

• GeoffArmstrongGeoffArmstrong CAMember ✭✭

@JasonASmith‌ Here is the full console log.

Forwarding debugger port 8883
        Detecting existing process
        [art] Late-enabling -Xcheck:jni
        [monodroid-debug] Trying to initialize the debugger with options: --debugger-agent=transport=dt_socket,loglevel=0,address=127.0.0.1:8883,server=y,embedding=1
        [libc] WARNING: generic atexit() called from legacy shared library
        [monodroid-gc] GREF GC Threshold: 46800
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/NW.Mobile.Droid.dll
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/Xamarin.Android.Support.v7.RecyclerView.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/NodaTime.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/Xamarin.Android.Support.v13.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/Xamarin.Android.Support.v4.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/SQLite.Net.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/SQLite.Net.Platform.XamarinAndroid.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/Xamarin.Android.Support.v7.AppCompat.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/Xamarin.Android.Support.v7.MediaRouter.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/Xamarin.Insights.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/Splat.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Reactive.Interfaces.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Reactive.Core.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Reactive.Linq.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Reactive.PlatformServices.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/Punchclock.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/Newtonsoft.Json.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/Fusillade.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/ModernHttpClient.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/OkHttp.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/FormsViewGroup.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/Xamarin.Forms.Core.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/NW.Mobile.dll
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Collections.Concurrent.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Collections.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.ComponentModel.Annotations.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.ComponentModel.EventBasedAsync.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.ComponentModel.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Diagnostics.Contracts.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Diagnostics.Debug.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Diagnostics.Tools.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Dynamic.Runtime.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Globalization.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.IO.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Linq.Expressions.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Linq.Parallel.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Linq.Queryable.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Linq.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Net.NetworkInformation.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Net.Primitives.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Net.Requests.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.ObjectModel.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Reflection.Emit.ILGeneration.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Reflection.Emit.Lightweight.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Reflection.Emit.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Reflection.Extensions.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Reflection.Primitives.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Reflection.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Resources.ResourceManager.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Runtime.Extensions.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Runtime.InteropServices.WindowsRuntime.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Runtime.InteropServices.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Runtime.Numerics.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Runtime.Serialization.Json.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Runtime.Serialization.Primitives.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Runtime.Serialization.Xml.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Runtime.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Security.Principal.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.ServiceModel.Http.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.ServiceModel.Primitives.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Text.Encoding.Extensions.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Text.Encoding.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Text.RegularExpressions.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Threading.Tasks.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Threading.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Xml.ReaderWriter.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Xml.XDocument.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/System.Xml.XmlSerializer.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.TransientFaultHandling.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mynextweek.android/files/.__override__/Humanizer.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: Mono.Android.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: System.Core.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: System.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: MonoDroidConstructors [External]
        Loaded assembly: System.Xml.dll [External]
        Loaded assembly: System.Net.Http.dll [External]
        [12-10 09:50:53.640] Beginning of OnCreate execution.
        [12-10 09:50:54.098] Base OnCreate finished.
        Thread started:  #2
        Thread started: <Thread Pool> #3
        Thread started: <Thread Pool> #4
        [12-10 09:50:54.576] Initializing the app.
        Loaded assembly: System.Xml.Linq.dll [External]
        [12-10 09:50:55.364] Database initialized; version 3, last updated 2014-12-09T23:39:10Z
        [12-10 09:50:55.612] ---- Application launching
        [12-10 09:50:55.613] Starting the worker thread.
        Thread started: Network Thread #5
        [12-10 09:50:55.615] Starting to listen for messages.
        [12-10 09:50:55.621] Registering with message infrastructure.
        [12-10 09:50:55.648] Ready to initialize Forms.
        [12-10 09:50:55.750] Initial service auth expiry is 2015-12-05T18:52:20Z
        [12-10 09:50:55.762] Initial queue auth expiry is 2014-12-11T06:38:59Z
        [12-10 09:50:55.766] NetworkManager.Next
        [12-10 09:50:55.823] Setting the root page.
        [art] JNI RegisterNativeMethods: attempt to register 0 native methods for nw.mobile.droid.renderers.DrCalendarRenderer_1
        [art] JNI RegisterNativeMethods: attempt to register 0 native methods for nw.mobile.droid.renderers.DrPersonalCalendarRenderer
        [12-10 09:50:56.627] Finished initializing Forms.
        [12-10 09:50:56.628] Fetch requested.
        [12-10 09:50:56.628] NetworkManager.Next
        [12-10 09:50:56.634] NetworkManager.Next
        [12-10 09:50:56.648] Updating notifications
        [12-10 09:50:56.739] End of OnCreate execution.
        [OpenGLRenderer] Render dirty regions requested: true
        [Atlas] Validating map...
        [12-10 09:50:56.821] Repository data changed, updating calendar.
        [Adreno-EGL] <qeglDrvAPI_eglInitialize:410>: QUALCOMM Build: 10/28/14, c33033c, Ia6306ec328
        [OpenGLRenderer] Initialized EGL, version 1.4
        [OpenGLRenderer] Enabling debug mode 0
        [art] JNI RegisterNativeMethods: attempt to register 0 native methods for nw.mobile.droid.renderers.CalendarRecyclerHeaderViewHolder
        [art] JNI RegisterNativeMethods: attempt to register 0 native methods for nw.mobile.droid.renderers.CalendarRecyclerBodyViewHolder
        [art] JNI RegisterNativeMethods: attempt to register 0 native methods for nw.mobile.droid.renderers.CalendarFrameLayout_LayoutParams
        [art] Explicit concurrent mark sweep GC freed 3942(342KB) AllocSpace objects, 2(48KB) LOS objects, 39% free, 7MB/12MB, paused 1.037ms total 27.954ms
        [art] JNI RegisterNativeMethods: attempt to register 0 native methods for nw.mobile.droid.renderers.CalendarViewPagerKeyObject
        [art] JNI RegisterNativeMethods: attempt to register 0 native methods for nw.mobile.droid.renderers.CalendarRecyclerBodyLayout_LayoutParams
        [art] JNI RegisterNativeMethods: attempt to register 0 native methods for nw.mobile.droid.renderers.TimeLabel
        [art] JNI RegisterNativeMethods: attempt to register 0 native methods for nw.mobile.droid.renderers.CalendarRecyclerBodyColumnLayout_LayoutParams
        Thread started:  #6
        [12-10 09:50:57.796] Received message registration success with registration ID: APA91bHRcBgCRQRJFHtVvojvgCPvZ33R3U9K7f5ycKuOW-8a2EkEBouCsGtoFlv2l9CrCt-aX1qq2zO3RSaS4P-OurgIqraGLEHq6gGdUy6zhHnpG1Ayc23pnz1YszwTiP7amnMRoyuGLWhOsgE4miRMnjAaIFnLJvtaY30quVrHCBz0sOABIks
        Thread finished:  #6
        Thread started: <Thread Pool> #7
        Thread started: <Thread Pool> #8
        Thread started: <Thread Pool> #9
        Thread started: <Thread Pool> #10
        Thread started: <Thread Pool> #11

This is the point at which I hit the back button.

[mono-rt] Stacktrace:
        [mono-rt] 
        [mono-rt] 
        [mono-rt] =================================================================
        [mono-rt] Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates
        [mono-rt] a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries 
        [mono-rt] used by your application.
        [mono-rt] =================================================================
        [mono-rt] 
        [libc] Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 2, fault addr 0xbe5a0fe8 in tid 25126 (extweek.android)

Still working with source control on isolating the exact cause. At present it doesn't seem to be caused simply by the upgrade; there were some code changes to deal with warnings and such (obsolete code, etc.) as well. Working on figuring out the exact cause.