Forum Xamarin Xamarin.Forms

Master Details Page problem, detail view stretch outside screen on iPad in landscape

GralovGralov USMember
edited November 2014 in Xamarin.Forms

Hi,

I'm having an issue when using the Master Detail Page in xamarin forms for iOS on iPad in landscape (don't know if issue appears on Android and WP).
In our Master Detail Page we've build a menu using a ListView in the Master section which change the Detail section based on the selection in the menu.
What we do is simply change Detail using "Detail = new NavigationView(newpage);" on the Select event of the ListView.

When the app starts everything looks right. On iPad in landscape the Master section is always visible. Once i select a new view using the menu, the navigationbar and toolbar of loaded view in the Detail section seems to get the full width of the iPad and thus is pushed outside the screen of the ipad

Here's an image when the app starts:

And here you can see how the same view looks when I've navigated in the app, as you can see the title isn't centered and the toolbar items are outside the screen to the right.

Anyone experience this and have a solution?

Best regards

• GralovGralov USMember

So I did some further investigation, without success unforturnately. However I found this article https://www.syntaxismyui.com/xamarin-forms-masterdetail-page-navigation-recipe/ that we've used when developing the Master Detail Page and when downloading the code, compiling it using Visual Studio 2013 and running it on an iPad we experience the same problem. So if you would like to try it out, run that demo in the iPad simulator in landscape and it will behave exactly the same.

• DKurkinDKurkin GBMember ✭✭

Have same trouble here but overcome it by hiding navigation toolbar for tablet

NavigationPage.SetHasNavigationBar(this, false);

and creating alike looking stack child with label in it for info Display where its needed.

Hope this helps

• TrevorCoxTrevorCox CAMember ✭✭

I'm still seeing this problem with Xamarin Forms 1.4.4, and iPad with landscape rotation