Does Indie/Business license support both iOS and Android development?

vlad.7041vlad.7041 USMember

I am single developer. I have MAC for Android and iOS development. Do I need 1 or 2 Indie licenses?
Also I have another MAC as a continues integration server. Do I need 3rd Indie license for second mac?

My Business trial license allows to develop iOS and Android apps on MAC and also Android license sucesefully activated on Windows PC.
Is there the same behaviour for Indie license? E.g. will 1 Indie license allow develop iOS&Android apps on a MAC and develop Android Apps on a Windows PC?

Thanks
Vladimir

Answers

• KrystianKrystian USMember

Licenses are bound to your Xamarin account so you shold be able to develop on PC/MAC but only one developer at time also Bear in mind you can not use Xamarin for Visual studio with Indie license, but you still can use Xamarin studio but if you want to develop for iOS you need to use XamarinStudio on Mac and as far as I'm aware you need license for each platform i.e Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android need to be bought seperately

• vlad.7041vlad.7041 USMember

Thanks, Krystian!

So Xamarin on MAC allows to develop both Android and iOS apps using single Indie license.

Do I need 2nd Indie license for build server running on another Mac?

• rmaciasrmacias USBeta, University ✭✭✭✭✭

Licenses are per developer, per platform. So if you want to develop both Android and iOS apps, you'll need two Indie licenses. One for iOS, and and one for Android. Each license allows you up to 4 or 5 different installs on other machines (I think). Licenses are tied to you Xamarin account.

• KrystianKrystian USMember

@vlad It's enaugh if you got only one Xamarin.iOS license for development and buildHost

• BillNalenBillNalen USMember

The Indie license doesn't allow you to run the build host and doesn't allow integration with VS, you need to use XS. If you want to build Android and iOS, you'll need to pay $25 for Android and $25 for iOS for a single developer. Each developer can use it on 2 machines though.