Xamrin Git Source Control shows Android resource files as **untracked** though they are part of Git.

SenthilRSenthilR USMember
edited October 2014 in Visual Studio

We have a solution that contain Android and iOS projects. They are stored in our TFS Git repo.
When we try to "Review solution and Commit", it shows bunch of files as untracked even though they are part of repo and not modified, These files are located in Android/Resource sub folders. This happens in both Windows and Mac platform. For some reason, it doesn't happen in VS.

How can I fix this? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

• MariusUngureanuMariusUngureanu ROXamarin Team Xamurai

I'll take a look at this.

• JGoldbergerJGoldberger USMember, Forum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University Xamurai

This issue has been filed as bug: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=24204

• GregoryMeyersGregoryMeyers USUniversity

Adding email I send to support regarding this issue:
    We have a Git repository in TFS, If we checkout this repository using Xamarin Studio, some files are displayed as untracked when we go to to Review and Commit changes. If I do git status command, these files are shown as untracked files. See the screenshots.

If I use command line git to clone and do git status, this doesn't happen in command line but still happens in Xamarin Studio.

Xamarin Studio Version: 5.5.3 build 6
    Command Line Git: 1.9.4.msysgit.1
    I have attached one of the files that is marked as untracked

• GregoryMeyersGregoryMeyers USUniversity

@JGoldberger‌ any updates on this issue?