Forum Visual Studio

Buildserver (Jenkins) Integration (Build, Sign, Archive)

Hi,

we want to use our buildserver more effective since the deployment for our app is too "error-prone".

Currently we compile the solution over jenkins with the following command:
/Applications/Xamarin\ Studio.app/Contents/MacOS/mdtool -v build "--configuration:Release|iPhone" $WORKSPACE/XXX/XXX.sln

Now we need to sign & archive the app with two different configurations (each with another code sign / app identifier).

So I need to change the app identifier (manual edit of xml file?) and run the archive tool.
How can I do this? Is there a way to create the archive file over terminal?

All the best,
Michael

• JeffreyStedfastJeffreyStedfast USXamarin Team Xamurai

I recently added an "archive" command to mdtool (works just like "build"), but I'm not sure if it has made it into a stable release yet. At the earliest, it would be in 4.2.3 or 4.2.4.

To change the app identifier, you'll need to modify the Info.plist, though. There's no mdtool command to modify that.

• chris_riesgochris_riesgo USUniversity ✭✭✭

@JeffreyStedfast‌ - Does the archive command accept a "comment" parameter? I've been manually tagging each archive with a build version comment, but automating that would be cool.

• JeffreyStedfastJeffreyStedfast USXamarin Team Xamurai

No, it does not support that. You could script that fairly easily, though, using PlistBuddy to edit the Info.plist of the archive after it finishes archiving.