Help me,How to add System.Drawing.Bitmap to xamarin.ios?

I add Aspose.BarCodeRecognition.dll to my xamarin project,but get Error CS0012: The type System.Drawing.Bitmap' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. Consider adding a reference to assembly System.Drawing, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' (CS0012); Error CS0012: The type System.ComponentModel.Component' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. Consider adding a reference to assembly System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' (CS0012)

Answers

• DannyCDannyC US ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013

@dingling not everything in the .net framework is available. Another thing is i'm not sure Aspose would even work properly in Xamarin.iOS. Have you tried ZXing and Scandit barcode components in the store?

http://components.xamarin.com/view/zxing.net.mobile/

http://components.xamarin.com/view/scandit/

• KumarAdityaKumarAditya USMember

Did you able to add System.Drawing.Bitmap to xamarin.ios? I am still struggling. I am using zxing.net, but it still requires BItmap class reference.

• AndrewDavisAndrewDavis USMember ✭✭

bump

• JasonAwbreyJasonAwbrey USInsider, University, Developer Group Leader mod

The ZXing component should be Xamarin compatible out-of-the-box. I've used it in several projects.

System.Drawing is tied to GDI+, which does not exist on Android/iOS, so anything that relies on it is not going to work with Xamarin. The few classes in System.Drawing that Xamarin does support, like RectangleF, are provided for convenience.

• AssegdAssegd Member ✭✭✭

@JasonAwbrey said:
    The ZXing component should be Xamarin compatible out-of-the-box. I've used it in several projects.

System.Drawing is tied to GDI+, which does not exist on Android/iOS, so anything that relies on it is not going to work with Xamarin. The few classes in System.Drawing that Xamarin does support, like RectangleF, are provided for convenience.

Thanks