Forum Xamarin.Forms

Turning off screen rotation XAML forms

How do I turn off screen rotation for my app in XMAL or the attached CS. I want my page to only load vertically and not change to horizontal view.

• xceedxceed GBMember ✭✭

Activity(Label = "MyApp1", MainLauncher = true, Icon = "@drawable/icon", ScreenOrientation = Android.Content.PM.ScreenOrientation.Portrait, Theme = "@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen")]

Remove the Theme part if you don't want fullscreen.

Cheers

• RyanHatfieldOldRyanHatfieldOld USMember, Insider ✭✭✭

Whoa buddy!

You will get strange errors if you use anything .NoTitleBar

I would suggest using a theme like:
    Theme = "@android:style/Theme.Holo.Light"

Here's what's generated in the newest android project templates:

[Activity(Label = "ProjName.Mobile", MainLauncher = true, ConfigurationChanges = ConfigChanges.ScreenSize | ConfigChanges.Orientation, Theme = "@style/android:Theme.Holo")]

but my current project uses

[Activity(Label = "ProjName.Mobile", MainLauncher = true, ScreenOrientation = ScreenOrientation.Portrait, Theme = "@style/android:Theme.Holo.Light", WindowSoftInputMode = SoftInput.AdjustResize)]

Ryan

• Rick.0957Rick.0957 USMember

Thanks, this solved the android side of things, but what about iOS?

• CraigDunnCraigDunn USXamarin Team Xamurai

Just toggle on/off the orientations you want in Project Options

• xceedxceed GBMember ✭✭

@RyanHatfield what kind of errors for using anything .NoTitleBar?

I'm not actually using it now anyway.

I still require Window.AddFlags(WindowManagerFlags.Fullscreen); however inside my MainActivity's OnCreate.

The only thing I've added to the Activity modifier is ScreenOrientation = Android.Content.PM.ScreenOrientation.Landscape)]

Cheers

• RyanHatfieldOldRyanHatfieldOld USMember, Insider ✭✭✭

In android if I used NoTitleBar with a NavigationPage it would throw an error, NullReference, when looking for the Title Bar ... maybe they fixed it.

• Thx :)

• BlueRajaBlueRaja USMember ✭✭

Not sure what all this talk about the theme and full-screen is about, but it seems the actual solution is

[Activity( ..., ScreenOrientation = ScreenOrientation.Portrait)]

• SteveShaw.5557SteveShaw.5557 USMember ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

NOTE: The solutions in this thread are appropriate if you want all your pages to have a certain orientation.

If you want one or several pages to have a particular orientation, that are different than what you've set above for your application default, look for solutions elsewhere.