Adding new .axml file causes Xamarin to hang!

Hi all

After applying the recent update to Xamarin studio, when I right click my layout folder -> Add New File -> Android Layout file, Xamarin beach balls indefinitely. I have to force quit the application, when I open the project again the layout file I just created is there. Have attached a screenshot of what Xamarin looks like after I click the 'New' button on the create file dialog.

Any ideas?
Cheers

• Adrian.4449Adrian.4449 USMember

No one else experiencing this? I'm currently trying to convince my peers that Xamarin is a feasible technology, this is not helping my case....

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

One possible cause of this issue could be that the Android SDK Tools version is mismatched with the current Xamarin Studio version. Google recently released new versions of the Android SDK Tools (23.0.5) that must be matched up with the corresponding version of Xamarin Studio (5.5.2). (See also http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/25695/android-sdk-tools-23-0-4-disconnected-from-layout-renderer/p1).

If updating to these new versions does not resolve the issue, a good next step would be to look through your Xamarin Studio log files in ~/Library/Logs/XamarinStudio-5.0 (you can also also open this folder via "Help -> Open Log Directory"). You can zip up these log files and attach them back to the thread if you like.

• Adrian.4449Adrian.4449 USMember

@BrendanZagaeski‌ Cheers for the info, updating SDK Tools fixed the issue.