Intentional: deploy checkboxes for Xamarin.iOS projects cannot be checked

BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Starting with Xamarin 3.5, Xamarin.iOS automatically deploys the project whenever appropriate. Consequently, the "Deploy" checkboxes in the Configuration Manager are greyed-out. Unfortunately, they are displayed as un-checked, when in fact the default behavior is as if they were checked ON. See also:

We (the support team) have filed a bug to request that this "special" condition for Xamarin.iOS projects be changed slightly so that the checkboxes appear as always checked ON (instead of un-checked) to reduce confusion. Hopefully this change will appear in a release in the near future.

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

As a follow-up, if you're having trouble building, deploying, or debugging, there's no need to worry about the Deploy checkboxes. Instead, you can check the "Mac Server Log" (in the Output window in VS), the Verbose build output log, the Xamarin for Visual Studio logs, and the Build Host logs on the Mac to look for additional errors. (See: Often those logs will contain additional clues about the issue that's preventing the app from deploying.

• HugoLogmans_HugoLogmans_ NLMember ✭✭✭
    edited October 2014

UPDATE: Sigh, my developer certificate expired this morning :( renewed it and now it seems to deploy. Strangely enough, I could not find anything in the logs earlier.

========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 2 up-to-date, 2 skipped ==========
    ========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 0 failed, 1 skipped ==========

I can find no things in the other logs, but the app is not deployed to the connected device... although in XS I get those other errors about entitlements.plist that is missing (which I do not use).

And because the deploy was skipped, I checked the build configuration and saw the box could not be checked... And then ended here... Using 3.6.262 (latest stable)

Strange thing: the first time run after the update I got the message the build was uploaded and has to be started manually (it is an adhoc profile). But, it is not deployed. After that it says it is skipped...