Continous Scanning for iOS App

DeLoyBakerDeLoyBaker USUniversity ✭✭

Hello to all,

I am using ZXing.net.mobile 1.4.7 in an iOS App. I have the barcode scanning working well. However, it is only setup to scan one barcode at a time. I would like to scan multiple barcodes back to back. Because we use barcodes as checkpoints and each time we scan the barcode, it needs to be uploaded to our server via the web service. I have this part functioning... But it is not efficient to re-activate the scanner controller and wait each time.

Is there an option that will allow us to scan a barcode, display a brief alert for the submitted record then revert back to the scanner controller to continue scanning the next barcode?

Thank you so much in advance for your assistance!!!!

Answers

• JasonAwbreyJasonAwbrey USInsider, University, Developer Group Leader mod

ZXing is open source, so if you want to tweak it's behavior you can.

Is you only need to support iOS, iOS 7 introduced native scanning capability without the need for an external library

• DeLoyBakerDeLoyBaker USUniversity ✭✭

Jason,

Thanks for your post. To my knowledge, iOS 7 does not scan Datamatrix barcodes... (forgot to mention in my original post). This is why I need to use this library. However, I am not sure how to tweak it as I am not that familiar with performing that type of task...

Would you know how?

Thanks,