iOS Designer not working on Visual Studio 2013

I'm trying to use iOS designer integrated in Visual Studio 2013 using walkthough available in documentation, the problem is that designer doesn't generate related ViewController once i define associated class, i see designe "flashing" for a second but no file is created, doing the same on Xamarin Studio on iOS works fine. Of course connection with build host is working properly and no error messages are reported by VS.
Xamarin is updated to latest stable builds.
Any idea?

• CorradoCavalliCorradoCavalli ITInsider, University ✭✭

Finally got the solution, i wasn't using iOS projects under "classic" folder, didn't notice template was marked with "PREVIEW" (when should those projects be used?)

• AlanBowmanAlanBowman USMember

Thank you! Had the same problem and never noticed the Preview text.

• AlanMcGovernAlanMcGovern USXamarin Team Xamurai

Hi,

The next round of alpha/beta releases will contain the code generation support for the new Unified templates. The unified API is still considered preview level so it is expected that there will be some limitations for the next few weeks as we finalize everything.

The other thing to note is that custom controls will not render on the design surface when using the a Unified project. We are working on adding this capability in the near future.