Forum Xamarin.iOS

Hardware bluetooth scanner ?

Hi,we planned to develop IOS app, with bluetooth scanner from socket mobile component as barcode reader/scanner, please let me know if Xamarin supports it.
Or do someone have a reference for a bluetooth 1D/2D scanner I can use ?

Thanks,
Boris

The device :
http://ww1.socketmobile.com/products/bluetooth-scanners/how-to-buy/details.aspx?sku=CX3308-1528

• JamesLaveryJamesLavery GBBeta, University ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013

Hi Annette or Boris(?),
    Yes, Xamarin can support this scanner - you 'just' need to create an iOS binding for the static iOS library which Socket Mobile supply. In fact we're just delivering an iOS binding for the 1D Socket Mobile CHS scanner for a customer.

As he asked for us to develop it specifically for him under a commercial arrangement, I can't share it with you I'm afraid!

However, I will get in touch with him to see how he might want to respond.

• smdsmd GBUniversity ✭✭

Hi,

I am currently in the process of developing a iOS application with Xamarin and require the integration of the Socket Mobile SDK.

I have setup an iOS binding project and dropped in the SDK lib, but when it comes to configuring the bindings I am running into problems.

If I try to automate the creation of the bindings (using Objective Sharpie) I either get conversion errors or incomplete code.

If I produce the bindings manually I end up with build errors such as "The type or namespace 'ISktScanObject' could not be found" within several of the generated CS files. As far as I can tell I've correctly decorated the binding interfaces correctly i.e. Protocols have the [Model, Protocol] attributes etc.

If anyone has any experience or advice in this field it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Simon

• smdsmd GBUniversity ✭✭

I've attached the ApiDefinition.cs source for reference:

• smdsmd GBUniversity ✭✭

Update:

After further modifications, adding the [BaseType(typeof(NSObject))] attribute to each of the Protocols allows me to successfully build the bindings project.

However, when I inspect the resulting dll a lot of the complier generated properties are configured to throw a new ModelNotImplementedException on get/set.

If I attempt to build the main project I receive 102 errors (error log attached) during the compilation of native code.

• smdsmd GBUniversity ✭✭

Project is now building with no errors after re-evaluating the LinkTargets, Frameworks and setting the IsCxx flag to true within the lib's linkWith.cs file.

Whether all the bindings work or not I am yet to find out...

• ANNETTEGEIRNARTANNETTEGEIRNART FRMember

Great stuff! Can you post you're working xamarin project ?

• ChrisMillerChrisMiller USBeta, Developer Group Leader ✭✭

@SimonDonoghue‌, How did you make out with the binding? I just started with the Socket Mobile library and I'm trying to it compile.

• RudyScottRudyScott USMember ✭✭

Any one have a binding for this they are willing to share? (Commercially or otherwise)

Thanks!