Cross Platform ADO .NET for Android, iOS, and Windows Phone 8

CraigSchulteCraigSchulte USMember
edited October 2013 in Cross Platform with Xamarin

Hi we have already built an application which uses ADO .NET + SQLite + CatNap ORM for Android and iOS. We made use of the Mono.Data.Sqlite namespace/classes.

Now we want to create a Windows Phone 8 app as well, but I'm not sure of the best way to do this. I tried copying over the Mono.Data.Sqlite.dll into the Windows 8 project but that didn't work. Is there any way to get Mono.Data.Sqlite.dll to work with Windows Phone 8? Or is there a different Sqlite ADO .NET library I should be using for Windows Phone 8?

I found an ADO .NET client (Community.CsharpSqlite.SQLiteClient) included in the csharp-sqlite project. Should I be using that as a substitute for Mono.Data.Sqlite in Windows Phone 8? Or is there a better way?

Thanks.

• KenWenyonKenWenyon USMember, University

Craig:

How did you end up resolving this issue?

• I ended up migrating away from CatNap to another ORM called SQLite-NET which was compatible with Windows Phone, Android, and iOS.

It's been awhile, but from what I remember I think SQLite-NET is not based on ADO .NET so I didn't really solve my original issue just worked around it. SQLite-NET is really easy to use though.