Extending ListViewRenderer/ListViewAdapter

So, there is no way to change the list appearance on android for the Master Detail Page? If I cant extend the ListView renderer or Adapter, how is possible to get complete customization?

• CraigDunnCraigDunn USXamarin Team Xamurai

Extensibility of the ListView on Android will be improved in a future release. For now you can customize the cells, or use a different layout to present your data (depending on what it is). I realize that makes things difficult right now, but we're working on it!

• carterh062carterh062 USMember
    edited August 2014

I'm fine with difficult -- just not impossible! I can't seem to figure out how I could turn off the background being highlighted on the click of a cell in a list view without overriding some methods in the listview adapter. Could you offer an implementation while I've got your attention?

• chris_riesgochris_riesgo USUniversity ✭✭✭

@CraigDunn‌ - Access to Android ListViewRenderer... Apart from "soon", how far in the future could be hope to see that class made public for inheritance? I've inspected the code underneath, and rolling our own is all but impossible.

• carterh062carterh062 USMember
    edited September 2014

I'd like to personally reiterate that question. @CraigDunn‌. I know Xamarin.Forms is new, but I'd be much happier to see that class and its adapter no longer sealed and open for implementation or extension considering how integral customlistview renderings are in applications.

• CraigDunnCraigDunn USXamarin Team Xamurai

If there is an existing UserVoice request or bug for a specific feature you're interested in, I'd recommend you vote/add yourself to the cc list. This is the only real feedback mechanism we have; unfortunately we don't have a public roadmap to share with dates for specific features or fixes.