Hide top/master switch in the Xamarin Switch Cell control?

MichaelKniskernMichaelKniskern USUniversity ✭✭

Is there a way to hide the top/master switch that appears when you use the Xamarin.Forms.SwitchCell control in Android? It is very annoying to have this extra switch when it does not appear in either the iOS and Window Phone platform.

Also, I tried using a Xamarin.Forms.Label and Xamarin.Forms.Switch by arranging them in a Xamarin.Forms.Grid. I found the sample Grid and online documentation not very helpful when explaining how to align the rows and columns with using the SetColumnSpan and SetRowSapn functions.

Best Answer

Answers

• MichaelKniskernMichaelKniskern USUniversity ✭✭

Yes, I am using Xamarin.Forms (1.2.2.6243) it has gotten rid of the top/master button on the android platform. Your documentation for the SwitchCell still has a screen shot with the SwitchCell displaying two buttons.

Also, it has been about a month since I tried using the SwitchCell in my mobile application.

Thanks for the follow up.

• CraigDunnCraigDunn USXamarin Team Xamurai

Oops, I'll pass that on to get the screenshot fixed! Thx.

• DevinRoseDevinRose USMember ✭✭

Michael, on the lack of documentation, it may be helpful to look at Microsoft's WPF documentation since many of the Xamarin classes reflect those same concepts (e.g. Column and RowSpan).