Subversion

wallymwallym USInsider, Beta ✭✭✭

Will XS pick up the SVN bindings and such for an existing project? I have a Xamarin.Android project that I have created in Visual Studio and am saving to a SVN repository with Ankhsvn. Everything works great. When I open the solution in XS, I don't see anything that looks like bindings shown in the UI. Does XS provide any UI support for SVN? Do I need to do something to enable SVN support? I am running on Windows 8.1, XS 4.0.14. X.Android latest beta. Any ideas are appreciated.

Wally

• MariusUngureanuMariusUngureanu ROXamarin Team Xamurai
    edited October 2013

Hey!

On Windows, we have support for Subversion 1.7. 1.8 is not supported yet. It can be enabled in the AddIn Manager under Version Control -> Subversion.

• wallymwallym USInsider, Beta ✭✭✭

I should add that my install of Tortoise does see the svn bindings.

In XS, when I go to the Add-in manager, the SVN Add-in appears to be enabled. I don't see anything in XS that looks like it understands that the files are. I'm wondering if the problem is that the AnkhSVN setup is producing a 1.8 version and you need 1.7. Is there any way to check on this? I'm an SVN newb.

• SKallSKall USMember ✭✭✭✭

SVN version was a problem with MD as well. Check out the same repository from XS directly and try to open it with AnkhSVN and you might get a message prompting you to upgrade the repository. This was the only way (upgrade) to use command line SVN on a Mac back when I still used SVN.

• I need to support SVN too.
    In my company everything is published in your owner svn server.
    I love this in XS.

• nodoidnodoid GBMember, Beta ✭✭✭

svn is currently 1.7 on XS. Personally, I use svnx and subversion from macports to ensure I can use the same repos on the PC as well as the Mac.