Xamarin Forms in Android too Slow

Im developing an application with xamarin forms and im having performance issues with the android version. In iOS is working fine but when i run the application in android im getting this log:

[Choreographer] Skipped 87 frames!  The application may be doing too much work on its main thread.
[Choreographer] Skipped 89 frames!  The application may be doing too much work on its main thread.
[Choreographer] Skipped 82 frames!  The application may be doing too much work on its main thread.
[Choreographer] Skipped 87 frames!  The application may be doing too much work on its main thread.
[ResourceType] No package identifier when getting value for resource number 0x00000000
[Choreographer] Skipped 86 frames!  The application may be doing too much work on its main thread.
[Choreographer] Skipped 93 frames!  The application may be doing too much work on its main thread.
[Choreographer] Skipped 92 frames!  The application may be doing too much work on its main thread.
[ResourceType] No package identifier when getting value for resource number 0x00000000
[Choreographer] Skipped 84 frames!  The application may be doing too much work on its main thread.
[Choreographer] Skipped 89 frames!  The application may be doing too much work on its main thread.

• PranavSharmaPranavSharma AUMember

It's looking for some resource that is not available to it. Had this similar warning I declared a picture in the page but forgot to add it into the package. And android indeed is very slow, same [Choreographer] warning poping up every now and then.

• Hi,

I took some measurements some time ago, exactly because i was interested with the speed of Xamarin.Forms on Android.

Based on a little research, Xamarin.Forms is at least as fast as Xamarin "classic", at least if you take UI components as labels,
    entries and buttons.

Skipping frames happens also with "Xamarin classic" on Android, and pretty much continuously.

There is my test of Xamarin.Forms performance

• carleslscarlesls ESMember
    edited August 2014

I wonder if it is possible to make the application faster if one uses threading like:

class Runner
         {
             void SomeMethod() 
             {
                   Thread newThread = new Thread(new ThreadStart(Run));
                   newThread.Start(); 
             }

public void Run() 
             {
                       Console.WriteLine("Running in a different thread.")
             }
         }