HockeyApp Component problem with debug builds

TedRogersTedRogers USMember ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2014 in Xamarin.iOS

I have been using the HockeyApp component successfully but recently added the use of the live identifier as well as a BITHockeyManagerDelegate to provide a user id for crashes. This seems to work fine on release builds (I get the correct user id in crash dump) but throws an exception on debug builds and I am at a loss to understand how to resolve this issue. Here is the stack trace

2014-05-29 12:24:15.313 PlanItIOS[11026:60b] 05/29/14 12:24:15:307: ***Exception: name = System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'HockeyApp.BITCrashManager' (Objective-C type: 'BITCrashManager') to type 'HockeyApp.BITHockeyBaseManager'.
Additional information:
    Selector: userIDForHockeyManager:componentManager:
    Method: PlanIt.IOS.AppDelegate/PlanItHockeyManagerDelegate:UserIdForHockeyManager (HockeyApp.BITHockeyManager,HockeyApp.BITHockeyBaseManager)
 reason = System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'HockeyApp.BITCrashManager' (Objective-C type: 'BITCrashManager') to type 'HockeyApp.BITHockeyBaseManager'.
Additional information:
    Method: PlanIt.IOS.AppDelegate/PlanItHockeyManagerDelegate:UserIdForHockeyManager (HockeyApp.BITHockeyManager,HockeyApp.BITHockeyBaseManager)

at (wrapper managed-to-native) MonoTouch.ObjCRuntime.Messaging:void_objc_msgSend (intptr,intptr)
  at HockeyApp.BITHockeyManager.StartManager () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PlanIt.IOS.AppDelegate.<FinishedLaunching>m__0 () [0x00030] in /Users/tedrogers/Development/Plan.It/plan.it-front-end/Plan.It-Mobile/Plan.It.IOS/AppDelegate.cs:131 
  at HockeyApp.Setup.EnableCustomCrashReporting (System.Action customCrashReportingEnableCode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PlanIt.IOS.AppDelegate.FinishedLaunching (MonoTouch.UIKit.UIApplication app, MonoTouch.Foundation.NSDictionary options) [0x00034] in /Users/tedrogers/Development/Plan.It/plan.it-front-end/Plan.It-Mobile/Plan.It.IOS/AppDelegate.cs:111 
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) MonoTouch.UIKit.UIApplication:UIApplicationMain (int,string[],intptr,intptr)
  at MonoTouch.UIKit.UIApplication.Main (System.String[] args, System.String principalClassName, System.String delegateClassName) [0x0004c] in /Developer/MonoTouch/Source/monotouch/src/UIKit/UIApplication.cs:38 
  at PlanIt.IOS.Application.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00008] in /Users/tedrogers/Development/Plan.It/plan.it-front-end/Plan.It-Mobile/Plan.It.IOS/Main.cs:16 
2014-05-29 12:24:15.347 PlanItIOS[11026:60b] Unhandled managed exception: Unable to cast object of type 'HockeyApp.BITCrashManager' (Objective-C type: 'BITCrashManager') to type 'HockeyApp.BITHockeyBaseManager'.
Additional information:
 (System.InvalidCastException)
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) MonoTouch.ObjCRuntime.Messaging:void_objc_msgSend (intptr,intptr)
  at HockeyApp.BITHockeyManager.StartManager () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PlanIt.IOS.AppDelegate.<FinishedLaunching>m__0 () [0x00030] in /Users/tedrogers/Development/Plan.It/plan.it-front-end/Plan.It-Mobile/Plan.It.IOS/AppDelegate.cs:131 
  at HockeyApp.Setup.EnableCustomCrashReporting (System.Action customCrashReportingEnableCode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PlanIt.IOS.AppDelegate.FinishedLaunching (MonoTouch.UIKit.UIApplication app, MonoTouch.Foundation.NSDictionary options) [0x00034] in /Users/tedrogers/Development/Plan.It/plan.it-front-end/Plan.It-Mobile/Plan.It.IOS/AppDelegate.cs:111 
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) MonoTouch.UIKit.UIApplication:UIApplicationMain (int,string[],intptr,intptr)
  at MonoTouch.UIKit.UIApplication.Main (System.String[] args, System.String principalClassName, System.String delegateClassName) [0x0004c] in /Developer/MonoTouch/Source/monotouch/src/UIKit/UIApplication.cs:38 
  at PlanIt.IOS.Application.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00008] in /Users/tedrogers/Development/Plan.It/plan.it-front-end/Plan.It-Mobile/Plan.It.IOS/Main.cs:16 

• JonathanDickJonathanDick CAXamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

@TedRogers is there any way you could provide me with a simple repro solution of this issue?

• TedRogersTedRogers USMember ✭✭✭✭

@Redth‌ Thanks for your help but the folks at Xamarin have discovered a bug in the HockeyApp bindings. They provided me with a test DLL yesterday that I haven't had a chance to test yet. I'll post my test results here in the forum.

• TedRogersTedRogers USMember ✭✭✭✭

The DLL that was provided was built for a different version of Xamarin so it didn't work for me. Currently, waiting for the update to be published in the Xamarin Component Store.