In App Purchasing

Hi all.

I studied some topic about InAppPurchasing and confused with several classes such as Xamarin.InAppPurchase, Xamarin.InAppBilling, .. etc. Also I see XamarinTeam users says: "Unfortunately we are having an issue with the component", Kevin Mullins.

Please help. Maybe you have some examples with implemented in app purchases for Xamarin.Android?
And what is this error: "Android resource directory google-play-services/libproject/google-play-services_lib doesn't exist. GooglePlayServicesApp"

Thanks

Answers

• KMullinsKMullins USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@Naruto‌,

Because they function quite differently, there are two separate components for handling In-App Products based on the mobile OS being targeted:

• Xamarin.InAppPurchase - Is used to support in app purchasing on iOS devices.
    • Xamarin.InAppBilling - Is used to support in app purchasing on Android devices.

Initially there were a few issues with the Xamarin.InAppBilling Android component and this was mostly caused by Google releasing a breaking change to the API we are calling after the component was released. As it stands right now, there are no know issues with the component.

The component relies on a section of the Google Play Services API specific to In-App Billing so you have to ensure that you are targeting an minimal Android OS version that supports GPS IAB version 3.0 (Android 4.0 ICS) and you have to have the latest version of the Google Play application loaded on the device.

The component has a full sample application with its usage included with it as well as full documentation.

I hope this answers your questions.

Kevin