Indie vs Business

GuyDillenGuyDillen BEMember

Can someone explain/list (or link me to a list of) the differences between Indie and Business versions especially the "functionalities" that can be used in both versions e.g. can Indie be a client for ASP.NET Web API, can Azure Service Bus be used with Indie, ...?

Thanks.

• PeterDavisPeterDavis USMember ✭✭✭

Have you looked at the chart and there's a paragraph in the FAQ? If you hover over the features on the left, it gives some specifics.

• GuyDillenGuyDillen BEMember

I already saw this comparison. To my opinion very brief. What exactly are the "Business Features". With Indie can I consume ASP.NET Web API services, can I use Azure features (e.g. Service Bus, ...)?

Thanks.

• JonDouglasJonDouglas USXamarin Team, University, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

@GuyDillen‌ You'll be able to consume anything but WCF Web Services. The business features are mainly the Visual Studio Integration, ADO.NET DB support and WCF Web Service Support.

• RichardHopkinsRichardHopkins JPMember, University ✭✭✭
    edited June 2014

To my opinion very brief. What exactly are the "Business Features". With Indie can I consume ASP.NET Web API services,

If you're talking about, for example, a RESTful API via http, then yes, absolutely. I do it all the time.

can I use Azure features (e.g. Service Bus, ...)?

I'm not that familiar with Azure (we're 100% AWS here) but as far as I know, Service Bus also provides REST endpoints, so yes, it should be fine.