Xamarin Studio fails to install

JoeDoeJoeDoe ILMember

Hello,
I want to develop an Android App, and chose to do so with Xamarin Studio.
Unfortunately, the installation keeps failing for me.
Here's a picture: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=scym9e&s=8#.UzVrtYWLWLs

The installation log is also included

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• prashantvcprashantvc USXamarin Team Xamurai

@JoeDoe‌ email to [email protected] we will send you manual installation instructions.

• MattiJMattiJ AUMember

I just thought that I would mention that I too have this error.
    I have manually installed all the per-requisites including gtk-sharp2.12.21.msi as well as jdk_6u39-windows-x64.exe and jdk_7u51_windows-x64.exe

The Xamarin Installer fails to detect gtk-sharp, and then attempts to download and install.
    The installation fails after three attempts, and I get the same error message as above.

The PC is a Windows 8.1 x64 install (with the latest MS Updates).

I am currently running Xamarin on a Mac for iOS development for work (I am using a work provided license for this), and I would love to try some android development on a spare Windows Box.

I dont really want to disturb Xamarin with such a trivial problem, but I thought it might be worthwhile to post up this issue, just in case it helps the development team. :)

Installation of 'GTK#' failed with more than one exception (attempt 3)
    Errors while installing items.
    Exception type: System.AggregateException
    Installation of archive 'C:\Users\Matti\AppData\Local\Temp\Xamarin\downloads\gtk-sharp-2.12.22.msi' failed with exception.
    Exception type: Xamarin.Web.Installer.InstallException
    Full stack trace:
    at Xamarin.Web.Installer.Installer.InstallationArchiveHandler.Install(String path, Boolean needsPrivileges)
    at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecuteVoid3[T0,T1,T2](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2)
    at Xamarin.Web.Installer.Installer.BaseSoftwareItem.Install(UInt32 tryNumber)
    at WindowsInstaller.ProgressPage.InstallationWorker()
    Installation of archive 'C:\Users\Matti\AppData\Local\Temp\Xamarin\downloads\gtk-sharp-2.12.22.msi' failed with exception.
    Full stack trace:
    at Xamarin.Web.Installer.Installer.InstallationArchiveHandler.Install(String path, Boolean needsPrivileges)
    Full stack trace: