Forum General

Introduce yourself

• Hello,

My name is Hashim Al-Adhami. I am interested in developing cross-platform mobile applications. Also, I like working with back-end systems. I've programmed in Erlang, JavaScript, HTML5, Android Java , Blackberry Java, XAMARIN.ANDROID and XAMARIN.IOS. I prefer functional languages more than object-oriented ones :P

• CelesCeles FRMember
    edited October 2013

Hello,
    I'm Mathieu Van Nevel, a student who want to work in video games.
    I'm starting to use Xamarin to make some games on mobil device.
    So i'm a newbie ^^

• jcsaezjcsaez ESMember

Hi there, this is Juan Carlos. Where are testing Xamarin for Android development tools, maybe for a new brand business solutions.

• JasonLeeJasonLee USMember

Hi I am Jason. I am a beginner in building apps for different platforms especially Andorid, IOS and Windows.

• capeceneveralcapeceneveral TRMember
    edited October 2013

Hello, I am a Grad student in Turkey.I am working on a project about developing a software via mono. I work as a civil servant. I am a newbie on IT

• gocodergocoder CAMember

new to xamarin. want to write apps that tantalize and make people's lives more complete.

• dlpopescudlpopescu USMember
    edited November 2013

Hello,

I am Lucian POPESCU, a Romanian software consultant (LinkedIn profile), living in Paris, fiddling with Xamarin US technology (talk about globalization). Let's fast-forward the lobbying part: do not hesitate if you need any help, I'm also a freelance hero, during the night.
    Still, my language of love isn't C#, but French (no rotten tomatoes, please, my fellow Americans).

Wish you all a good week,
    Lucian

• PerHungebergMllerPerHungebergMller DKMember ✭✭✭

Hello, My name is Per Hungeberg Moeller. I am a freelancer living in Denmark, currently looking for new employment (either freelance or permanent).

I am a mobile developer for iOS, Android and Windows Phone. I have developed the app "Danish Movies" for iOS and soon Android and Windows Phone as well.
    Fetch it here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/danish-movies/id690595615?mt=8

Im an on LinkedIn: http://dk.linkedin.com/pub/per-hungeberg-møller/1b/b40/289

• JamesMontemagnoJamesMontemagno USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

Hey everyone!

I am James Montemagno, you might have seen me around the forums for a while now. I am officially part of Team Xamarin as a Developer Evangelist and am located in Seattle WA. I have been a C# developer for over a decade now and have about 2 years of working with Xamarin technology on all platforms (working on the My Media Center apps and more). I am usually creating a lot of small samples and controls on GitHub and very active on the MvvmCross community as well.

If you are up here in Seattle I have started up the Seattle Mobile .NET Developers Group and our first meeting is in December so please join up!

I can often be found blogging about code on Motzcod.esJamesMontemagnoMotzMonkeys because why not :)

I’ll be appearing at developer conferences, user groups, drink ups and lots of other events, so please stop me and say, ‘hi.’ I would really enjoy the opportunity to chat, see what you’re working on, and help in any way I can.

• bobvoibobvoi USMember

Hi, I am Bob Voith. Proud Programmer from Norway working for TINE, Norway's largest producer, distributor and exporter of dairy products. I have been working with C and C++ since the early 80's and with IBM Notes and Domino related technologies since 1992. New to the app-i-verse. I do maintain (from time to time) a blog at www.proudprogrammer.no.

• MichelangeloFrancoMichelangeloFranco ITUniversity ✭✭✭

Hi everyone!
    I'm Michelangelo, Italian .Net Senior Developer with 12 years exp. I like try new tech gadget, discover new technology and I'm proud to be a part of this community. In spare time I read many technical books and I play many videogames.

• AndraAndra KWMember

I'm Anwar Chandra, C# developer, currently working for a software development studio in Middle East.

• Hi, I'm Ayie, an indie developer located in Malaysia. Previously i'm using Titanium as my development tools but after i migrate to Xamarin.. i find it much flexible and suit my need. I have developed few apps using Xamarin for my client.

• WouterHibmaWouterHibma NLMember, University
    edited December 2013

Hi,

I'm Woutercx, a software developer with passion for .NET programming and recently the Xamarin.iOS mobile development platform. I have more than 12 years of experience in development using Microsoft technologies.

Specialties:

• Webservices
    • ASP.NET
    • Cloud (Azure)
    • Xamarin Mobile development platform (iOS)
    • Mother language : C#

Currently I'm working on an app using http://estimote.com beacons. I've already created a Xamarin.iOS wrapper for their iOS SDK:

https://github.com/mono/monotouch-bindings/tree/master/Estimote

My personal blog: http://woutercx.com

• GlennStephensGlennStephens AUMember, Beta, University, Developer Group Leader

I'm Glenn from Australia and I've been writing software for over 20 years and have been a .NET developer for the last 12 or so. These days I make iPhone and Android apps for myself and others and have about 12 or so apps that I've either written full-stack or contributed to in some way.

I also run the Mobile C# Meetup in Brisbane Australia where we talk mobile stuff if they are in the area and you want to pop by. I also run the occasional workshop around Australia on Xamarin tools.

I've always got a few apps on the go and am enjoying it all.

• Hello, I'm Mark (as the user name implies). I've written iOS apps and recently decided to take a look at android stuff. I use c# at work so this peeked my interest. Just a newbie so far.

• olloollo PLMember

Hi Xamarin community,

My name is Aleksander, I live in Poland. I'm software engineer with professional background mainly in C++ and embedded systems. I'm really interested in writing cross platform mobile applications.

• KeithWechslerKeithWechsler USMember, University

Hi! I'm Keith Wechsler, a Senior Software Engineer located in Jacksonville, FL. I'm new to C# and am looking forward to learning how to write apps at Xamarin University that can be run on all of the major platforms.

• WolfgangZdrenkaWolfgangZdrenka NZUniversity ✭✭

Hi everyone,
    I'm Wolfgang, originally from Germany, now living in New Zealand.
    My background has been embedded software development (for too long).
    Last year, when I got my Samsung S4, I was impressed to see how powerful
    smart phones are these days. So, that's why I decided to change my job
    career and attend this Go Mobile course. I am particularly interested in
    learning more about cross-platform related topics.

• BigCBigC USMember

Hi All,

I'm Chris from Scotland, an experienced Software Developer currently using C# in my day job who had just started to develop an app using Xamarin in my spare time outside the office.

Looking forward to being part of the community here.

BTW, anyone know how I can change my location as it's currently set to US?

• KajBonfilsKajBonfils DKMember, University ✭✭

Hi, I'm Kaj Bonfils, a .net developer living just north of Copenhagen, Denmark. I've been looking at Damarion for quite a while, and I have decided to go for the university to get a betterunderstanding of mobile development using Damarion. I have no real purpose, except for a few app ideas privately, but I hope a certification will bring some consultancy tasks with it in the future.

Happy coding

Kaj

• AdrianStevensAdrianStevens CAMember, University, XamUProfessors, Developer Group Leader

Hi all, my name is Adrian - I've been developing mobile apps for over a decade and have settled in on C# as my weapon of choice. I'm based in Vancouver, Canada where I develop my apps, consult, and I just recently started a local C# usergroup - VancouverMobile.net.

• 93ta93ta JPMember, University

Hi, I'm Takumi, engineer of Labelier , where Japanese University students team develop cross-platform apps using Xamarin & Azure.
    Now, we just began to use Xamarin so there are many problems but enjoy using new tools. Please feel free to contact us.

And I wrote Blog about Xamarin and Azure and My Life Blog .

You can also find me on GitHub and Twitter.

• NarutoNaruto USMember ✭✭
    edited February 2014

Hi all. This is Naruto !!!. (Fake Naruto) :D
    I am a C# programmer and recently Xamarin.Android Developer.
    Soon I will have good news to everyone. I need your help. You can find me on Linkedin

• mliumliu USMember ✭✭
    edited March 2014

I'm Mike from Seattle, WA. I work on mobile apps for fun. Here is my twitter handle: Twitter

I've published apps on windows phone and I'm working on new apps for iOS and Android.

• dapugdapug USMember ✭✭

I've made several posts already, I guess I am late to the intros.

I'm dapug, former product manger of WPF and Silverlight, as well as Expression Studio and Visual Studio. Originally from Seattle, now in the greater Salt Lake City area working on a new startup building cloud connected mobile apps to help kids and families. New to Xamarin but I eat C# for breakfast and I am a big fan of cross plat.

• muhammetsahinmuhammetsahin TRMember ✭✭

Hi everyone. Im Muhammet in Turkey. Im new on Xamarin.IOS im C# developer also but new on Xamarin. Im starting a new project. its about news reader like facebook paper etc. In my opinion Xamarin platform is great. its powerful.

• CheahEngSoonCheahEngSoon USMember ✭✭

Hi,
    I am Cheah Eng Soon,
    Microsoft Student Partners from Malaysia.
    Windows Phone and Windows 8/8.1 Developer.

• TamasMatraiTamasMatrai HUUniversity ✭✭

Hello!

I am Tamas from Hungary. A have been developing for .net platform for 10 years, and for IOS for 2 years. I also tried Android, but I don't like its IDE etc. I hope Android development would be much more streamlined for me via Xamarin, and also by using cross platform capabilities, development can be more efficient and faster.

• EricWatsonEricWatson USMember

Hi! I'm Eric Watson. I am really excited about Xamarin and am relatively new to it. My startup Spectafy is developing our mobile apps using Xamarin and I am here to learn and to hopefully connect with some Xamarin developers.

Connect with me anytime at [email protected]

• DavidCarriganDavidCarrigan USMember
    edited March 2014

Hey! Name's Dave. I'm a developer by hobby/trade. Started writing software at about age 13, all self taught. 12 Years later I'm finally dipping into the mobile app development. Problem solving and numbers are my addiction. I play the drums and have a collection of Ball Pythons :) Ta-ta!

• ssnssn UGMember

Hi, Stephen here, interested in xamarin just a bit for linkages to other apps.

• beezirbeezir USMember

Hi everyone! I'm Dave Butler, co-founder of Tantalum Studios. We're a very new mobile app & game development studio, specializing in cross-platform development and porting of existing apps to new platforms. We're working with several clients right now to port iOS apps over to Android and WP8. We've used a number of technologies in the past including Marmalade SDK, Unity and various PhoneGap derivatives. Many of these are great tools for the appropriate circumstances - Marmalade is wonderful if you have an existing C/C++ code base to port. Unity is one of the best cross-platform game development tools I've ever used. PhoneGap is nice for easy UI styling (though horrible on performance). However, for native UI controls, none of those tools was ideal. One of our latest conversion products involves the use of native UI and streaming VOIP encoded with the speex codec. Xamarin has been a snap to get things up and running with a fast, responsive UI and easy access to the native C library for speex. I was a little wary at first of having to create a separate UI for each platform, but following an MVVM model and using dependency injection has decoupled a lot of the code very nicely and the project has been moving forward much faster than it would have otherwise. I've been working with C# for years, and finding a mobile platform that retains native or near-native speeds while opening up the world of .NET has been quite exciting.

Anyway, enough of a ramble. Nice to see all the developers here and hope to be around for quite awhile. :)

• RainerMagerRainerMager JPMember ✭✭✭

Hi all. I'm Rainer Mager and, after a few years I just finally released my Xamarin based iOS game to the AppStore at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zoing/id847181024. It's OpenGL (via OpenTK) based. My next step is to create an Android version, which hopefully won't take too much time.

• MoinShaikhMoinShaikh USMember

Hello (Xamarin) World!

I am Moin, a programming geek. Opensource lover but Microsoft learner. Working on multiple things including php, c# and android. Love to blog. New to Xamarin and excited to work on this beautiful platform to develop android and c# apps.

Thanks

• DanRigbyDanRigby USMember, Insider mod

Hello!

I'm Dan Rigby and I'm a software developer, occasional OSS contributor, and C# mobile development enthusiast. Most of my experience is on the .NET side of things, especially Windows Store Apps, but now I'm using Xamarin on a large cross platform enterprise application and learning how to effectively leverage C# on non Windows platforms.

I occasionally blog and tweet on .NET, Windows, & Xamarin related topics, but regularly publish links to resources on my link blogs for Windows Store app developers and Xamarin app developers.

Nice to meet everyone!

• RajDoshiRajDoshi USMember

Hello! I used to code about twenty-five years ago; so many things have changed! Very excited to learn APPS development. If there is a Guide for real dummies, slow and step-by-step, please send me the link! Or if someone has time to tutor, I can pay to get over some starting hurdles. (The difficult part is unlearning old stuff). Thank you.

• PeterDavisPeterDavis USMember ✭✭✭

I'm Pete Davis. I've been writing code for about 35 years. If they had had computers when I was in preschool, I probably would have started earlier... So much for the old adage about old dogs and new tricks. Xamarin is my new trick. Been doing it for a few weeks. Loving it!

The way our group designs software works really well for doing cross-platform stuff in Xamarin which is awesome, mainly because I think Objective C is a pox on developers. It's a horrible language that never should have seen the light of day...

• RBellRBell USMember

I'm Ryan Bell, application architect and general hacker currently working at Dow Jones - MarketWatch. I've been developing professionally for around 10 years but have been developing since I could get my hands on a computer. I enjoy everything from FPGAs to large distributed software development.

I'm currently leading the iPhone/Mobile development team here and love the flexibility that Xamarin gives us.