Forum Visual Studio

Non-Storyboard apps

betimbetim ALMember, University ✭✭

Just installed Xamarin in my fresh installed Mac, I am in alpha channel in Xamarin Studio, but I don't see Non Storyboard apps from New Project dialog?

• JeffreyStedfastJeffreyStedfast USXamarin Team Xamurai

The new Alpha version dropped support for creating xib-based projects (although, once you create a project, you can create new xib files).

We did this to match what Apple is doing with Xcode. Starting with Xcode5, you can no longer create xib-based projects either. It's part of their push toward storyboards.

• betimbetim ALMember, University ✭✭

Thanks a lot @jstedfast‌ for prompt reply!

Is there any way to have these project templates (any workaround) while all tutorials still are based on xib-based projects?

No, there isn't. I'll poke the docs team to update the tutorials (although I thought they had storyboard tutorials?)

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@jstedfast,

Yes, there are storyboard tutorials. The problem is all the non-storyboard specific tutorials are all built on xib-based projects...

I've just notified the docs team to update the tutorials to redo those using storyboards

• Lucall64Lucall64 ITMember

Hi,
    I am a new user of Xamarin and eager to start building apps, but the tutorial are useless, since they are referred to older versions of Xamarin and Xcode.
    Is there a date for new tutorials?
    Is there anyone who has set up a Hello World tutorial with storyboards?

Thank you very much

Luca