PreRelease: Help Please, Unable to edit story boards in either Xcode or bolt in story board editor

Hi Guys,
I have been working on a small project for a little while and now find myself unable to edit my story board file anymore. The error I am getting is. I hope there is a simple solution to this so I can keep wiring away.

Thanks
Craig

System.IO.IOException: Invalid parameter
at System.IO.File.SetLastWriteTime (System.String path, DateTime lastWriteTime) [0x00029] in /private/tmp/source/bockbuild-mono-3.2.7-branch/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/mono-3.2.7/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/File.cs:474
at MonoDevelop.MacDev.ObjCIntegration.NSObjectTypeInfo.GenerateObjcType (System.String directory, System.String[] frameworks) [0x004d1] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/monodevelop-lion-monodevelop-4.3.2-branch/b442e89c/source/md-addins/MonoDevelop.MacDev/MonoDevelop.MacDev/ObjCIntegration/NSObjectTypeInfo.cs:236
at MonoDevelop.MacDev.XcodeSyncing.XcodeSyncedType.SyncOut (IProgressMonitor monitor, MonoDevelop.MacDev.XcodeSyncing.XcodeSyncContext context) [0x00033] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/monodevelop-lion-monodevelop-4.3.2-branch/b442e89c/source/md-addins/MonoDevelop.MacDev/MonoDevelop.MacDev/XcodeSyncing/XcodeSyncedType.cs:82
at MonoDevelop.MacDev.XcodeSyncing.XcodeMonitor.UpdateProject (IProgressMonitor monitor, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 allItems, MonoDevelop.MacDev.XcodeIntegration.XcodeProject emptyProject) [0x00417] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/monodevelop-lion-monodevelop-4.3.2-branch/b442e89c/source/md-addins/MonoDevelop.MacDev/MonoDevelop.MacDev/XcodeSyncing/XcodeMonitor.cs:164
at MonoDevelop.MacDev.XcodeSyncing.XcodeProjectTracker.UpdateXcodeProject (IProgressMonitor monitor) [0x00050] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/monodevelop-lion-monodevelop-4.3.2-branch/b442e89c/source/md-addins/MonoDevelop.MacDev/MonoDevelop.MacDev/XcodeSyncing/XcodeProjectTracker.cs:517

• AlanMcGovernAlanMcGovern USXamarin Team Xamurai

Hey,

What's the issue you are having with the built in storyboard editor? If the issue is simply that you cannot get it to activate it is because it is now controlled by a checkbox in the Xamarin Studio preferences. We are working on making discovery of this checkbox simpler by prompting you the first time you open a storyboard.

http://docs.xamarin.com/releases/studio/xamarin.studio_4.3/xamarin.studio_4.3/

• JeffreyStedfastJeffreyStedfast USXamarin Team Xamurai

Hi Craig,

Delete your project's "obj" directory and then try again.

• CraigRichardsCraigRichards USMember

Hi Guys,
    Sorry for not getting back to you. These hassles really put me off working on my side project.

Yes deleting the obj helped. I can not open my story board file with the built in editor.

I am still unable to open it up in xcode though. I am getting the following error.

System.IO.IOException: Invalid parameter
    at System.IO.File.SetLastWriteTime (System.String path, DateTime lastWriteTime) [0x00029] in /private/tmp/source/bockbuild-mono-3.2.7-branch/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/mono-3.2.7/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/File.cs:474
    at MonoDevelop.MacDev.ObjCIntegration.NSObjectTypeInfo.GenerateObjcType (System.String directory, System.String[] frameworks) [0x004d1] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/monodevelop-lion-monodevelop-4.3.3-branch/89301538/source/md-addins/MonoDevelop.MacDev/MonoDevelop.MacDev/ObjCIntegration/NSObjectTypeInfo.cs:236
    at MonoDevelop.MacDev.XcodeSyncing.XcodeSyncedType.SyncOut (IProgressMonitor monitor, MonoDevelop.MacDev.XcodeSyncing.XcodeSyncContext context) [0x00033] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/monodevelop-lion-monodevelop-4.3.3-branch/89301538/source/md-addins/MonoDevelop.MacDev/MonoDevelop.MacDev/XcodeSyncing/XcodeSyncedType.cs:82
    at MonoDevelop.MacDev.XcodeSyncing.XcodeMonitor.UpdateProject (IProgressMonitor monitor, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 allItems, MonoDevelop.MacDev.XcodeIntegration.XcodeProject emptyProject) [0x00417] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/monodevelop-lion-monodevelop-4.3.3-branch/89301538/source/md-addins/MonoDevelop.MacDev/MonoDevelop.MacDev/XcodeSyncing/XcodeMonitor.cs:164
    at MonoDevelop.MacDev.XcodeSyncing.XcodeProjectTracker.UpdateXcodeProject (IProgressMonitor monitor) [0x00050] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/monodevelop-lion-monodevelop-4.3.3-branch/89301538/source/md-addins/MonoDevelop.MacDev/MonoDevelop.MacDev/XcodeSyncing/XcodeProjectTracker.cs:517

• CraigRichardsCraigRichards USMember

Is Xamarin Studio source available on Github? It would be nice to get in and fix the bugs as I find them.