Forum Visual Studio

Print out code to printer

I am embarrassed to ask this but, How do you print out the code for a solution from the Xamarin studio? If I use print only 11 lines per page result. I am printing to a Hp Officejet printer.

Best Answer

Answers

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@mhutch,

Sorry, printing support is not well maintained since it's used very little, so there may be cases where it doesn't work correctly. We've been considering removing it for some time.

Please don't remove it. Fix it. It may be that is's used very little because it doesn't work. It's silly to have to switch to another program just to print out source code.

• MikeDanielsMikeDaniels USMember

Well I think you should keep it and fix it. I'm old fashion in that I like to look at printouts in order to figure out what went wrong.

• mhutchmhutch USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited March 2014

@DaveHunt: the problem is that the current state of the printing support doesn't have the level of quality that we'd like all our features to have, and it would be a lot of work to fix it, which is time we wouldn't be able to spend on improving other features. And despite it having some serious issues, e.g. no support for wrapping, very few people have asked for improvements and bugfixes.

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, but that's a cop-out.

• MikeDanielsMikeDaniels USMember

Oh well I guess that is all we can expect these days.

• rmaciasrmacias USBeta, University ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014

My opinion. Keep it on the low priority list and dedicated time and resources for new features & to fix more important bugs. If you really need to print out code, then use the suggested work around. And you don't need to print out code to find out what's wrong. That's what the debugger is for, so use it. Again, just my opinion.