I have been using Xamarin VS for IOS for a while now and feel compelled to a few comments about the latest Alpha.
- I had delayed updating, due to the issues that folks had been seeing
- Regretting upgrading, yet again.
- The VS 2012 to Build server pairing is "very fragile"
- if you have more that one copy of VS running, the pairing will loose its mind randomly
- if you start a build, and the pairing gets "lost", visual studio hangs, requiring a task-manager KILL VS
- Debugging no longer works correctly
- break points will break, but often on the wrong line
- Any time you "mouse" over a variable, the IOS app crashes, and visual studio hangs, requiring a task manager KILL VS
I really think the overall concept is really good, but, as a business customer, we need to get the product a bit more robust - i.e. useful error messages, debugging working reliably etc
Additionally, I understand the team is busy, but better attention and response to the forums would be great.
Thks - Phil Harris