Forum Xamarin.Forms

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

is there any Framework or Library for Photo editing ?

Fahad91Fahad91 USMember ✭✭

Hey , im looking for a framework or library support PCL for photo editing , i want to develop an app for image editing like drag text and drag photos and icons to the main photo ,
if there is an framework or library please share it , or what is the best practices to do this

Tagged:

• XAML_GUYXAML_GUY USMember ✭✭

You can use Image editor from Syncfusion which has support for editing (crop, rotate, flip, add shapes and texts) the image with undo-redo support.
    https://help.syncfusion.com/xamarin/sfimageeditor/getting-started

Note: Syncfusion controls is available for free through the community license program if you qualify (less than 1 million USD in revenue). Note: I work for Syncfusion.

• Very interesting article, thanks for the write up. I was at first annoyed that you didn't just explain it in the first paragraph, but the longer walk through was helpful.

• There are different libraries available for image editing that you can use to create a photo editor app. Examples like CLImageEditor, Photo Filter, ImageMagick, & more. A few days back, one of my colleagues - Jyoti, at space-o technologies wrote a similar article on "Best Photo Editing Libraries to Create Better Apps".

It includes various android & ios libraries that are popular & useful to make an app same as Snapseed, Aviary or Pixelmator. Hope this may help you.

• Sonia_GSonia_G Member ✭✭

Hi, a while back I was also looking for the same thing. However, I was not able to find a library that met my needs. So, I have worked around a solution and wrote a small blog article about it. You can find it under: jetzt-produktiver.de/gestures-for-ios-and-android-2. Maybe, my solution can give you or others some ideas how to cope with the problem. In the article, I have mentioned different possible ways to implement the needed features for a Sticker App. I have also included parts of my code and corresponding explanation about interaction gestures, sticker frame and how to save the image with the sticker. I am also always open for suggestions on improvement :)

• Sunny1602Sunny1602 INMember

@Sonia_G
    You can try CLImageEditor Nuget.

• osamaelhusssinyosamaelhusssiny USMember ✭✭
    edited September 2019

"github.com/osamaelhosany/ImageEditor-XamarinForms"

Here is my solution
    you can draw & add text & move text & change colors
    choose from a library or take new photos

• I was wondering if there is a library that could be used for writing an app. But I've got a bigger project and I need to code a lot. To be honest, I found a good app, that can edit mostly everything in a photo (by the way this is the app www.softorbits.com) and I want to integrate the source code into my code, but I don't know if this is an open source. Probably it will be better to make a new app with all the tool kit that I've seen in that app. Hope it's going to work

• I was wondering if there is a library that could be used for writing an app. But I've got a bigger project and I need to code a lot. To be honest, I found a good app, that can edit mostly everything in a photo (by the way this is the app www.softorbits.com ) and I want to integrate the source code into my code, but I don't know if this is an open source. Probably it will be better to make a new app with all the tool kit that I've seen in that app. Hope it's going to work

• gilbertorm83gilbertorm83 Member

@osamaelhusssiny said:

"github.com/osamaelhosany/ImageEditor-XamarinForms"

Here is my solution
    you can draw & add text & move text & change colors
    choose from a library or take new photos

Hello!

Friend, your solution is exactly what I need. I tried to open the project in my visual studio 2019 and I couldn't. Is there any step by step on how to use your solution?

Thanks!