Forum Xamarin.Forms

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Can't Open WhatsApp in xamarin ios

talat1988talat1988 Member ✭✭

how can I open WhatsApp from my app to a specific number? For Android, the following is working fine

But it didn't work in IOS. What's App Open and then Show Message (This Link couldn't be opened Check the link and try again)

Here is my code for shared Project:

try
{

if (await Launcher.TryOpenAsync(new Uri("whatsapp://send?phone=+" + mobile)))
await Launcher.OpenAsync(new Uri("whatsapp://send?phone=+"+ mobile));
else
await Rg.Plugins.Popup.Services.PopupNavigation.PushAsync(new ShowMessagePage("Install Whatsapp", 5000));

}
catch (Exception ex)
{
await Rg.Plugins.Popup.Services.PopupNavigation.PushAsync(newShowMessagePage(Helpers.TranslateExtension.Translate("Error"), 5000));

}

I Added That in info.plist

LSApplicationQueriesSchemes

whatsapp

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

You could try these urls:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39809620/how-to-open-whatsapp-from-swift-app
    Have you tried to call it on the iOS project using the dependency service?

• talat1988talat1988 Member ✭✭

I ask how to open Whatsapp mobile not a web browser

• XavierPerseguersXavierPerseguers CHMember ✭✭✭

@talat1988 it doesn't open a web browser, you better should just test what @LandLu suggested and report afterwards if you still have question.

• gilbert2gilbert2 Member

I had few issues too with whatsapp. Then i realized i was on beta version of whatsapp, i uninstalled beta version and stuff, installed regular one and so far no problems.

If you are already on regular version of whatsapp, then just try reinstalling it.

• gilbert2gilbert2 Member

@gilbert2 said:
    I had few issues too with whatsapp. Then i realized i was on beta version of whatsapp, i uninstalled beta version and stuff, installed regular one and so far no problems.

If you are already on regular version of whatsapp, then just try reinstalling it.

seem this work

• harrycallumharrycallum Member ✭✭

have ever tried to clear the app caches in apps setting and check it again because something similar happened to me and when do this my problem got solved but if this doesn't solve your issue then you can also check this YOWhatsApp Apk to ensure that if you are encountering the same issue on this app then contact with Whatsapp company via email.

• ElaineHortonElaineHorton Member

Perhaps the WhatsApp you are using is not fully compatible with Android. Switch to WhatsApp Aero, perhaps it will help you to solve the problem.

• cyberdotscyberdots Member

Really great post admin thanks for sharing this.