Forum Xamarin.Forms

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

How to access both Photo and video feature from Camera Media Plugin in Xamarin.Forms?

Shelly_BhogalShelly_Bhogal USUniversity ✭✭
edited September 2017 in Xamarin.Forms

How to access both Photo and video feature simultaneously from Camera Media Plugin in Xamarin.Forms? Example: Pressing camera would open the camera, but there would be the ability to swipe to select video

Answers

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure the plugin is well documented. And there are ton of threads here already with example. What have you tried and are you getting errors in your code? Help narrow down the problems you're having so people can help.

• Shelly_BhogalShelly_Bhogal USUniversity ✭✭

We have added the Media plugin but it showing one at a time either photo or video but i want both simultaneously like the default device camera feature.

edited September 2017

Even the default camera app doesn't doe both simultaneously. You select either photo mode, or video mode. You don't shoot both at the same time. Like you said, you have to swipe from mode to mode.

You need to make your own pages for that. The plugin gives you the access... but you have to make your own layouts/pages for each mode/feature you want to provide from within your app.

But in default Camera there is a option to select photo or video but in media plugin it allowing only photo or video option i cannot see both the option simultaneously.

default Camera there is a option to select photo or video but in media plugin it allowing only photo or video

It must be a language barrier problem. Because you're saying that you have the same ability as the default app. So what's the problem?

i cannot see both the option simultaneously.

No you can't. And you can't on the default app either. One or the other. One at a time.

Attached Screenshot:

where camera for photo is working but video is not.

I see 2 page dots. Did you try swiping?

Is that the sample layout with the Nuget package? If so it would be a SAMPLE. You can write whatever UI you want.

I just want Camera will be open using Xamarin.Forms and the user have the ability to capture Photo or Video. The problem is with Media Plugin is we can code either for Photo or Video We cannot make a common code so that general camera will be open and user have both option photo and video....

Actually Second dot is for filter not for video..

Well... Everyone else that uses and follows the directions seems to be able to do it.
    Perhaps you could find a native English speaker to read and translate the directions for you.

@Shelly_Bhogal said:
    Actually Second dot is for filter not for video..

But you could make another page for video. I think that is where the conversation is falling down. You seem to expect it all to be pre-built for you. You actually have to write code and do XAML markup to make your finished app. Making a program is not just copy/paste and sell it.

• divyagarimelladivyagarimella Member ✭✭✭

@Shelly_Bhogal i don't think we have that feature in the Media Plugin,i am looking for that feature too