Forum Xamarin.iOS

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Trying to connect to remote Mac

deondkdeondk Member ✭✭

I am trying to connect to my remote Mac. It says that connection finished but get an error on list that says: "a remote error occured on the connected Mac" on the log I get this error:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.at Xamarin.Messaging.Windows.ErrorsManager.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.b__0(IErrorItem item) in E:\A_work\963\s\src\Core\Xamarin.Messaging.Windows\ErrorsManager.cs:line 24at Clide.ErrorsManager.<>c__DisplayClass7_0.b__0(Object sender, EventArgs e) in E:\A_work\349\s\src\Clide.Core.Windows\Errors\ErrorsManager.cs:line 55at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Task.OnNavigate(EventArgs e)at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Task.Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Interop.IVsTaskItem.NavigateTo()at Microsoft.VisualStudio.ErrorListPkg.Shims.ErrorListPackageEventProcessor.PreprocessNavigate(ITableEntryHandle entryHandle, TableEntryNavigateEventArgs e)at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.TableControl.Implementation.TableControlEventManager.<>c__DisplayClass40_0.b__2(ITableControlEventProcessor p, ITableEntryHandle entry)at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.TableControl.Implementation.TableControlEventManager.<>c__DisplayClass60_1`1.b__0()at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Text.Utilities.GuardedOperations.CallExtensionPoint(Object errorSource, Action call) --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Telemetry.WindowsErrorReporting.WatsonReport.GetClrWatsonExceptionInfo(Exception exceptionObject)

Any help with this?

Tagged:

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Is your Mac on the same internet as your Windows?
    This appears to be an IDE issue, try to raise issues here:
    https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/spaces/41/index.html

• braderbrader USMember ✭✭

@deondk Did you ever solve this, I'm having the same issue.

• braderbrader USMember ✭✭

After several hours of trying various things, trashing my Xcode install and re-installing worked. I had already been on the latest version for a long time and had the Xcode Command Line tools installed, so I'm not sure what went wrong in the first place.

• deondkdeondk Member ✭✭

Hi @brader ,glad you could get it working. I see now that the storyboard is not working on windows visual studio and they say you should use xcode to open storyboard. How do I open the storyboard on windows machine from the MAC? How are you now using storyboard?