Forum Xamarin.Forms

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Xamarin grouping listview with pagination

Hello friends,
I have used grouping list view in my chat screen like WhatsApp now I need to load more data/pagination when scrolling reach at 0 position please give me any suggestion.

In grouping listview i can't find position of scroll reach at 0 position or not using listview.ItemAppearing

Answers

• LeonLuLeonLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Do you try to scroll to the group header directly? If so, I cannot find a way to scroll to group header directly, just have a method that is to scroll to an item in group.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/xamarin.forms.listview.scrollto?view=xamarin-forms

But you can try to create a custom renderer for listview

In the Android renderer I'm then calling Control.SmoothScrollToPositionFromTop(0, 0) to scroll to top.

In the iOS rendered I'm calling Control.ScrollRectToVisible(new CoreGraphics.CGRect(0, 0, 1, 1), true).

Xamarin forums are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!
    We invite you to post new questions in the Xamarin forums’ new home on Microsoft Q&A!
    For more information, please refer to this sticky post.

• LeonLuLeonLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Are there any update for this issue, please reply is helpful, please click the Yes tab under the helpful answer.

• harrycallumharrycallum Member ✭✭

Well I think group listview is on possible with modified version of official one's because once I have also tried this kind of experiment with official WhatsApp but I am fail to do that and when I searched a lot on net I found about this YOWhatsApp which is a modified version of WhatsApp and after using it I am able to do so which I want to.