Forum Xamarin.Forms

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Xamarin.Forms project giving suppress error while build

neerajgoelneerajgoel USMember ✭✭

I have updated my Visual Studio to latest version i.e. 16.8.3, after updating when i build my Xamarin project it gives me error. Screenshot is attached for more understanding. Please help to get the root cause of problem and provide any solution.

Answers

• YelinzhYelinzh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited January 4

after updating when i build my Xamarin project it gives me error

For this error, try to empty the bin and obj folders of the shared projectd and each platform project. Then re-open the VS to build the project again.

Xamarin forums are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!
    We invite you to post new questions in the Xamarin forums’ new home on Microsoft Q&A!
    For more information, please refer to this sticky post.

• neerajgoelneerajgoel USMember ✭✭

@Yelinzh said:

after updating when i build my Xamarin project it gives me error

For this error, try to empty the bin and obj folders of the shared projectd and each platform project. Then re-open the VS to build the project again.

We invite you to post new questions in the Xamarin forums’ new home on Microsoft Q&A!

I tried deleting bin/obj in every platform project but error still exist.

• YelinzhYelinzh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

To fix this issue, a workaround is to set CodeAnalysisTreatWarningsAsErrors to false. Check the doc.

<PropertyGroup>
      <CodeAnalysisTreatWarningsAsErrors>false</CodeAnalysisTreatWarningsAsErrors>
    </PropertyGroup>

Here is the similar issue topic, you could refer to it:
    https://developercommunity2.visualstudio.com/t/After-168-update-getting-lot-of-code-an/1251574?preview=true#T-N1255914