Forum Xamarin.iOS

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

ERROR ITMS-90023

kribakriba Member ✭✭

I would like to publish an ios app developed in Xamarin. In my last step to load the .ipa-file to the Appstore I get the well-known messages:

ERROR ITMS-90023: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '152x152' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0.
ERROR ITMS-90023: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '167x167' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions supporting iPad Pro.
ERROR ITMS-90023: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '76x76' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0.

Many had the same problem and many spent days or weeks to solve this problem. I have read all the articles I could find on the subject and unfortunately their proposed solutions don’t work for me.

I have the latest version of VS (16.7.6), Xcode (12.0.1) and Xamarin (16.7.0).
I use Transporter as Application Loader.

Settings:
1. All my icons set up by Media.xassets AppIcons in VS.
All images have correct size. My original image names were Icon-76.png, Icon-152.png, Icon-167.png. VS makes new physical icons with new names
and those match the json-file.
{
"scale": "1x",
"size": "76x76",
"idiom": "ipad",
"filename": "Icon-761.png"
},
{
"scale": "2x",
"size": "76x76",
"filename": "Icon-1521.png"
},
{
"scale": "2x",
"size": "83.5x83.5",
"filename": "Icon-1671.png"
},
2. Contents.json maps the icons well.
3. In bin\iPhone\Release the icons are there with a new name:

1. .ipa-file contains everything as well
  2. Info.plist has
    XSAppIconAssets
    Resources/Media.xcassets/AppIcons.appiconset and
    CFBundleIconName
    AppIcons
  3. The Mac side reflects the Windows side correctly. All images, content.jpg, info.plist are in the
    Library/Caches/Xamarin/mtbs/builds/.ios//bin/iPhone/Release/..

I compile on pc side with the following settings:

(When I run the app in developer mode both in simulator and on device it works well.)

Best Answer

• kribakriba Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I would like to thank you for helping me out with my issue.

My app is released and I have no the exact answer to what the solution was.

The two changes I made:
    1. I created the provisioning profile again.
    2. I installed VS on my mac and run the program from that.

My conclusion is if you do everything correct on your pc side and you get this very strange behavior, make sure your profile is set up correctly and run the program directly from your mac instead.

Answers

• LeonLuLeonLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Please double check that you have added them to the place holders even if there is another icon of the same size elsewhere. Also try doing a clean and rebuild, maybe going so far as to deleting your bin and obj folders.

• kribakriba Member ✭✭

Thanks for the quick reply!
    I tried everything you suggested, I think:
    I have deleted all the placeholders, I deleted all icons from Resources\Media.xcassets\AppIcons.appiconset, I deleted the Contents.json "images":[], I deleted all the bin and obj. I deleted the mac side Library/Caches/Xamarin/mtbs/
    Cleaned the project. Restarted computer.

Then I put back all the images carefully via assets i VS.

I repeated this procedure again to check.

I also tried to take bad image size to the placeholder but I got feedback that the image had wrong size.

Please open info.plist file, check the path <string>Resources/Assets.xcassets/AppIcon.appiconset</string>, if you have 'Resources/', if so, please remove it.

It is hard to reproduce this issue. you can open an support ticket(not free).

• kribakriba Member ✭✭

Thanks! I will try it as soon as I can. I don't have access to the test system at this moment. I will try it next week.

Fine.

• kribakriba Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I would like to thank you for helping me out with my issue.

My app is released and I have no the exact answer to what the solution was.

The two changes I made:
    1. I created the provisioning profile again.
    2. I installed VS on my mac and run the program from that.

My conclusion is if you do everything correct on your pc side and you get this very strange behavior, make sure your profile is set up correctly and run the program directly from your mac instead.

• BaluBalu Member ✭✭
    edited December 2020

For those who struggle with these errors when publishing an ipa. I had the same problem and in my case the images in the AppIcons.appiconset were not the problem (they were available).
    I develop xamarin apps on a windows platform but using a separate macbook to publish the ipa to apple. The macbook has updated xcode last week, but I did not open xcode to install the extra components what happen normally.
    After searching google and trying lot of things (updating images, Media.xassets etc) I found an article on the internet that pointed me in the right direction: My xcode was updated but not opened yet. After opening xcode the extra components were installed. After that I could publish my ipa without any problem.
    Probably the installation of VS on the Mac in the accepted answer, described above, had the same xcode update.