Forum Xamarin.iOS

UIKit.UIWebView still occurs

DigitalJoDigitalJo Member ✭✭

Hello i am facing the know UIKit.UIWebView with appstore connect. My xamarin forms version is 4.5.0.617. i added the --warn-on-type-ref=UIKit.UIWebView and i can see the warnings below.

2> /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/Current/bin/mtouch @/Users/iordaniskantharidis/Library/Caches/Xamarin/mtbs/builds/PortBook.iOS/01e5572b03e96c72b575d6b4caeea634/obj/iPhone/Debug/response-file.rsp --warn-on-type-ref=UIKit.UIWebView 2>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Professional\MSBuild\Xamarin\iOS\Xamarin.iOS.Common.targets(844,3): warning MT1502: One or more reference(s) to type 'UIKit.UIWebView' already exists inside 'Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' before linking 2>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Professional\MSBuild\Xamarin\iOS\Xamarin.iOS.Common.targets(844,3): warning MT1503: One or more reference(s) to type 'UIKit.UIWebView' still exists inside 'Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' after linking

What i doing wrong?

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Did you follow this blog to change the settings?
    https://devblogs.microsoft.com/xamarin/uiwebview-deprecation-xamarin-forms/
    We need to change the linker behavior under the release mode with iPhone platform:

• DemiVisionDemiVision USMember ✭✭✭

My app is still getting rejected based on UIWebView even after following the above instructions. Here is my mtouch line:

--optimize=experimental-xforms-product-type --warn-on-type-ref=UIKit.UIWebView

And here is the warning:

Warning MT1503: One or more reference(s) to type 'UIKit.UIWebView' still exists inside 'Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' after linking (MT1503)

I have tried both "Link Framework SDKs only" as well as "Link All". Everything is fully updated on the Stable channels (VS Mac 8.5.4, and Xamarin Forms 4.6.0).

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Thanks!

• LukasBusekLukasBusek Member ✭✭

Hi, did you manage to resolve it? I am getting stuck on the same issue.

Thanks.

@LukasBusek Haven't solved it yet, but running the grep command suggested in this thread:
    https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/comment/410638#Comment_410638

may have helped me narrow it to the FirebaseAuth Nuget we are using.

@LandLu - I am facing the same issue. I think this is a pretty serious situation as it puts developers that has chosen Xamarin as a dev tool for their business-critical apps. I have an app that is being rejected and there is no answer from the Xamarin team.

Linker option does not help as I am getting the following (I tried Link All and link SDK only) :

mtouch args: --optimize=experimental-xforms-product-type --warn-on-type-ref=UIKit.UIWebView --optimize=force-rejected-types-removal

the result after running Archiving the app :

MTOUCH : warning MT2003: Option '--optimize=experimental-xforms-product-type' will be ignored since linking is disabled
    MTOUCH : warning MT2003: Option '--optimize=force-rejected-types-removal' will be ignored since linking is disabled
    MTOUCH : warning MT1502: One or more reference(s) to type 'UIKit.UIWebView' already exists inside 'Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' before linking
    MTOUCH : warning MT1503: One or more reference(s) to type 'UIKit.UIWebView' still exists inside 'Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' after linking

The way I read it as that visual studio (ver. 8.5.5, build 7) ignores mtouch arguments.

Any suggestion that would lead to a positive result is appreciated.

Thanks

Lukas

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@LukasBusek try the grep option that @DemiVision mentioned, he has since been able to identify the NuGet package causing the problem and has resolved the issue.

this is what I am getting back ... it seems nothing else but Xamarin ... any idea? Thanks

LB-MacBook:Payload lukasbusek$ grep -r UIWebView .
    Binary file ./AvisoApp.iOS matches
    Binary file ./Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS.dll matches
    Binary file ./Xamarin.iOS.dll matches
    LB-MacBook:Payload lukasbusek$

@LukasBusek A few thoughts based on my experience with this...

• I did not end-up using '--optimize=force-rejected-types-removal'
    • The 'linking is disabled' output makes it sound like you have Linking set to 'None'.
    • Is AvisoApp.iOS your app code? I would not expect to see that in the grep results.

Hi,

"linking is disabled" is really puzzling because of my linker settings is set to "Link All" (it produces the same result if I set it to Link SDKs only". AvisoApp.iOS is my code.

Thanks

Lukas

• edegraciaptyedegraciapty Member

Any solution to this? Having same issue. Move from windows vs to vs for mac and having same behavior. Even I create a project from scratch. I added skiasharp library and no warning message, then simple audio player and no warning message. Then I Added Rg.Plugins.PopUp and start warning messages, but in Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS, Version=2.0.0.0. Try link all, link sdk, mtouch tags with experimental and other that says something with removal and same result. VS for mac updated, xcode updated. Some suggestion was run grep -r ''UIWebView" . on bin folder and result was on xamarin.ios and nothing about rg.plugins.popup. Weird... Its a headache...

• Harikrishnan_NHarikrishnan_N Member ✭✭
    edited December 2020

Did anyone find a solution to this?

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@Harikrishnan_N
    Yup, I followed the instructions, updated my nugets, all good.