Forum Libraries, Components, and Plugins

Crashes not getting logged even after Firebase Crashlytics upgraded to the latest version

I have upgraded to the latest Firebase Crashlytics version for my Xamarin.Forms iOS app. But still I couldn't see the crashes getting logged in the Firebase Console. This is the message I see in the Console : > As of November 16, we are only processing crashes from the Firebase iOS SDK 4.0.0+. As a result, you might be seeing no new crashes in your dashboard.

I'm thinking of testing it by implementing a test crash, but I don't know the code as to how to do this..

So, I'm desperately in need of a documentation/link that guides me on how to log events / try a test crash to Firebase Crashlytics in Xamarin.Forms. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I'm using latest stable version of Xamarin.Firebase.iOS.Crashlytics version : v4.6.2

Best Answers

• mac121mac121 Member ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Thank you JESUS for His help!

Adding this line worked : Crashlytics.SharedInstance.Init();

I couldn't find any details on this initialization code in Google. If there had been these details in official documentation / readme in appropriate Github repo after v4.6.2 release, it could have been much easier and time saving for me. This is my concern

Accepted Answer

Thank you JESUS..!! This issue is resolved.

Don't know why.. After uninstalling CarouselView.FormsPlugin package, the logs went off. Crashes are now reported properly

Maybe some error handling is being done in the CarouselView.FormsPlugin package.

While testing each crash, I only got this CarouselView.FormsPlugin named exception being reported in the Firebase console. In that way, I identified that this package is interfering with the Crashlytics reporting as displayed in the logs.

I was using CarouselView.FormsPlugin v5.2.0

Answers

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited November 2020

First We need to add a GoogleService-Info.plist and Xamarin.Firebase.iOS.Core NuGet to the iOS project , then call the initial code , you could refer to the detailed steps here : https://stackoverflow.com/a/58008300/8187800 .

Xamarin Community forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!
    We invite you to post new questions in the Xamarin forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Thanks @ColeX . I had Crashlytics working in its older SDK version.

In the VS2019 output window, I could see that the Firebase.Crashlytics.dll assembly is not loaded though the package is installed but Core, Analytics, Installations.dll does..

Is there anything wrong in my initialization?
    I've just called this - Firebase.Core.App.Configure();
    Crashlytics.Configure (); is not required now. Is there any other line of code required for initializing Crashlytics? I'm using Crashlytics v4.6.2

Accepted Answer

Thank you JESUS for His help!

Adding this line worked : Crashlytics.SharedInstance.Init();

I couldn't find any details on this initialization code in Google. If there had been these details in official documentation / readme in appropriate Github repo after v4.6.2 release, it could have been much easier and time saving for me. This is my concern

• PriyamPriyam Member ✭✭

Facing dsym missing issue i am using v4.6.2.
    I followed below steps to integrate crashlytics. Included folowing packageges
    Xamarin.Firebase.iOS.Analytics (6.9.0)
    Xamarin.Firebase.iOS.Core (6.10.4)
    Xamarin.Firebase.iOS.Crashlytics (4.6.2)
    appdelegate didfinish launch
    Firebase.Core.App.Configure();
    Crashlytics.SharedInstance.Init();

I have used mtouch arguement --dsym=yes and Extra mlaunch argument as --argument=-FIRDebugEnabled
    Still same error!! Upload 2 missing dSYMs required to process 13 crashes

edited December 2020

Hi @Priyam , you're not getting the blue notification in Firebase Console after initializing Crashlytics?

edited December 2020

Though crash count is increasing for me after initialization, still the stack trace of the crashes are not logged. All crashes are coming under the same stack trace with increased count though the exceptions are different.

I get the following logs in Visual Studio which makes me think that something else is interfering, but though I tried, I couldn't find what is interfering with Crashlytics :

[Crashlytics] The signal SIGABRT has a non-Crashlytics handler (sigabrt_signal_handler).  This will interfere with reporting.

[Crashlytics] The signal SIGBUS has a non-Crashlytics handler (mono_sigsegv_signal_handler).  This will interfere with reporting.

[Crashlytics] The signal SIGFPE has a non-Crashlytics handler (mono_sigfpe_signal_handler).  This will interfere with reporting.

[Crashlytics] The signal SIGILL has a non-Crashlytics handler (<redacted>).  This will interfere with reporting.

[Crashlytics] The signal SIGSEGV has a non-Crashlytics handler (mono_sigsegv_signal_handler).  This will interfere with reporting.

[Crashlytics] The signal SIGSYS has a non-Crashlytics handler (mono_crashing_signal_handler).  This will interfere with reporting.
    [Crashlytics] The signal SIGTRAP has a non-Crashlytics handler ((null)).  This will interfere with reporting.

I'm not using any other crash reporting service

Other Analytics SDKs I'm using

1. Google Analytics
    2. Firebase Analytics

I also tried this solution - https://stackoverflow.com/a/42421085/10329199

Accepted Answer

Thank you JESUS..!! This issue is resolved.

Don't know why.. After uninstalling CarouselView.FormsPlugin package, the logs went off. Crashes are now reported properly

Maybe some error handling is being done in the CarouselView.FormsPlugin package.

While testing each crash, I only got this CarouselView.FormsPlugin named exception being reported in the Firebase console. In that way, I identified that this package is interfering with the Crashlytics reporting as displayed in the logs.

I was using CarouselView.FormsPlugin v5.2.0

• @mac121 thanks alot , you saved my life bro. was literally gone mad searching for crash not logging in console .

If you are integrating firebase crashanalytics in Xamarin.ios

1.create app in firebase console which will have same bundle identifier as your mobile app.
    2.download google.json file
    3.add to your Xamarin.ios project and set build action to ‘’Bundle Resource’
    4.add Xamarin.Firebase.iOS.Core and Xamarin.Firebase.Crashlytics latest version(=>4.0.0)
    5.Add following line to app delegate file
    Firebase.Core.App.Configure ();
    Crashlytics.SharedInstance.Init();
    6.Right click xamarin ios project go to options -> iOS build -> add additional mtouch arguments -> --dsym=yes

7.then csproject add below PropertyGroup
    True