Forum Xamarin.Forms

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Is there any concept like expansion files(android) in UWP?

Is there any concept like expansion files(android) in UWP? otherwise how can I keep large files(size>500MB) with UWP installation package and later copy to application folder(local state) ?

Answers

• YelinzhYelinzh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

UWP doen't provide the similar function for publishing the application.

otherwise how can I keep large files(size>500MB) with UWP installation package and later copy to application folder

You could download the file from server when first launching the application.

public partial class App : Application
    {
        protected override void OnStart()
        {
            if (VersionTracking.IsFirstLaunchEver)
            {
                //do the work
            }
        }
    }

• @Jarvan said:

UWP doen't provide the similar function for publishing the application.

otherwise how can I keep large files(size>500MB) with UWP installation package and later copy to application folder

You could download the file from server when first launching the application.

public partial class App : Application
    {
        protected override void OnStart()
        {
            if (VersionTracking.IsFirstLaunchEver)
            {
                //do the work
            }
        }
    }

Any other way to send large files with package ? After installation these files need to be copied to application folder? This is for installing package through sideloading.

• YelinzhYelinzh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Any other way to send large files with package ?

UWP only supports to store the file in the application when publishing. We cannot add a expansion file with the package.