Forum Visual Studio
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

How to go back to iOS simulator from Provisioning profile env?

I am publishing my first iOS app.
I managed to have everything ok to upload a build to the apple developer website.
However, I found out we need several screenshots from different screen sizes (iPad, iPhone 5.5 inches, 6.5 inches etc).

Problem is I have only one iPhone so I need to go back to simulator mode to get these screenshots.
However, now that everything is set up on my Visual Studio 2019 on Windows 10, I cannot manage to go back to simulator mode.

The build tells me it cannot find a matching profile, so I tried many things including removing the entitlements file, my account id etc.
I think I have more screwed up my system rather than doing it correctly. Is there a special provisioning profile to create on apple side? I understood these are only for real devices.

Can you please let me know what I should do to be able to run again my simulator (windows or Mac one either are ok for me)?
Thank you

Best Answer

• ChristopheAubert.0091ChristopheAubert.0091 USMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I found out how to do. You need first to remove your apple id from tools/options in Visual Studio.

Then you need to set the following properties in the ios project properties:

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

There's no need to configure a provisioning profile for simulators.
    Did you enable some capabilities that could only be available on real devices?
    Here is a simple hello world sample:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/ios/get-started/hello-ios/hello-ios-quickstart?pivots=windows
    You could test it on your side without a provisioning profile.

• Hi, I know we don t need a provisioning profile for simulators.
    My question is how do you remove an existing provisioning profile from a project?
    I found hundreds of posts explaining how to add it but none for the other way round.

I will try again to remove my Apple ID from Visual Studio, but the provisioning profile keeps on remaining in the project properties.
    Thank you

• ChristopheAubert.0091ChristopheAubert.0091 USMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I found out how to do. You need first to remove your apple id from tools/options in Visual Studio.

Then you need to set the following properties in the ios project properties: