Forum Xamarin.Android
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

System.TypeLoadException after clearing storage on Azure DevOps app build.

Randomly, I seem to get System.TypeLoadException. This also occurs every time I clear the storage of my app on my device. This only happens for app builds that have been produced by Azure DevOps pipelines. I cannot reproduce this error on my local builds from my device no matter if it's configured for Debug or Production. Here are some errors I've had relating to this issue:

JsonSerializer.GetMatchingConverter (System.Collections.Generic.IList`1[T] converters, System.Type objectType)
System.TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 01000113 from typeref (expected class 'System.Data.SqlTypes.SqlBinary' in assembly 'System.Data, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089')

-

DataSetConverter.CanConvert (System.Type valueType)
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type of field 'System.Data.DataSet:PropertyChanging' (28) due to: Could not resolve type with token 0100003c from typeref (expected class 'System.ComponentModel.PropertyChangedmzntHandler' in assembly 'System, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e') assembly:System, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e type:System.ComponentModel.PropertyChangedmzntHandler member:(null)

-

DefaultContractResolver.CreateObjectContract (System.Type objectType)
System.TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 010000c4 from typeref (expected class 'System.Runtime.Serialization.DataContractAttribute' in assembly 'System.Runtime.Serialization, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e')

Why are these classes missing from the assemblies? Could it be to do with Azure DevOps not building the Android App Bundles correctly?

Answers