Forum Xamarin.Android
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Client Secret not created on Googles developer's console

toyinstoyins USMember ✭✭✭
edited October 1 in Xamarin.Android

I'm trying to deploy a Xamarin.Android app using Visual Studio Community 2019 for MAC.
However, I need a Client ID and a Client Secret created before publishing the app.
I went on to googles developer's console to create a project, then try to create a Client ID and Client Secret.
The Client ID was created but not the Client Secret.
My Verification Status for the OAuth consent screen is "Verification not Required".
Is there any step that I am missed to create the Client Secret?

Tagged:

Answers

• LeonLuLeonLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited October 2

This Client Secret is no need for Google Auth. you can set it empty like following code..

Auth = new OAuth2Authenticator(
        Configuration.ClientId,
        string.Empty,
        "email",
        new Uri("https://accounts.google.com/o/oauth2/v2/auth"),
        new Uri(Configuration.RedirectUrl),
        new Uri("https://www.googleapis.com/oauth2/v4/token"),
        isUsingNativeUI: true);

You can Google: Authenticate users through Google with Xamarin.Auth , Timothé Larivière wirte a blog about it, please refer to it.

• toyinstoyins USMember ✭✭✭

@LeonLu, how do I publish my app to Google Play. In Xamarin.Android it's asking to register with a Client ID and Client Secret.

• LeonLuLeonLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
  • Unfortunated also I have the same issue. I seen in console Google Developer there is not the Client Secret, and in the Microsoft doc there is. Google has removed client secret, or for a bug or intentionally.

I aspect a update of Xamain or Google console.