Forum Xamarin.iOS
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

How can I suppress different System.Net.Http version warnings in Visual Studio mac?

BruceHamilton.6835BruceHamilton.6835 USUniversity ✭✭

I have this persistent warning in my iOS app that lots of folks get:

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/6.12.0/lib/mono/msbuild/Current/bin/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(5,5): Warning MSB3277: Found conflicts between different versions of "System.Net.Http" that could not be resolved. These reference conflicts are listed in the build log when log verbosity is set to detailed. (MSB3277)

I'm not using the NuGet System.Net.Http package so why would there be a version issue? Searching on this issue produces several results, and for the most part it seems to be a spurious warning. So I've tried to suppress it by adding 'MB3277' and '3277' in the Options->Build->Compiler->Warnings->Ignore warnings - but it doesn't work. What's the correct error number for this?

I'm stuck on this and it's preventing me from using TestFlight and going forward.

Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers