Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Listview dialog from view model

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to display a dialog (similar to a popup saying something and you have the ability to press okay or cancel) but with a Listview in it. I want the user to be able to select an item from said listview in the dialog. I need this dialog to be created from the viewmodel and populated with a list of a class of items.

For another example of the same thing.
I'm making a barcode scanner inventory system. So the user needs to scan the item, but the barcode is damaged and can't be read, they need to be able to press a button that pulls up a list of items, then they can choose which one it is from the list.

All I need is a dialog coming from the view model with a listview inside it. I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense, if so let me know and I'll do my best to clarify.
Thank you in advance!

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers