Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

On UWP, using keyboard, how to scroll a ScrollView that only contains Labels and Images in a Layout?

JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity admin

I have some information pages that contain just Labels and Images (and other non-interactive Views such as BoxView), all wrapped up in a Layout inside a ScrollView.

On UWP, if a user wanted to scroll such Xamarin.Forms ScrollViews using just the keyboard, how would they do it? It seems that ScrollView on UWP relies on a View nested in the ScrollView Content having Focus, which isn't the case when the nested Views are all Labels, Images etc. Is there any way to interact with the ScrollView control itself? I was expecting to be able to tab to it, or set an AccessKey on it, but neither seems to work.

Best Answer

Answers

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity admin
    edited October 15

Thanks @LandLu. I already have a custom PageRenderer for UWP that captures KeyUp and KeyDown, so I'll tweak that. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.