Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Xamarin.Forms - How to redirect to last opened directory for file/image/video picker

Hi, I am using xam.plugins.media nuget pkg for image picking. I need to ask if there's a way to open/redirect to the last opened/recent directory? every time user is directed to main galley directory. I want if user opened a directory of camera/dcim/ via image picker and choose a file from it and again he opens the image picker then the camera/dcim directory should open.

I googled it but unable to find anything related.

So any ideas how to achieve this?

Answers

• JarvanJarvan Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited October 15

How to redirect to last opened directory for file/image/video picker

We can't do this because the path is already specified on each platform. When taking a photo using the media plugin, the file will be stored at main galley directory. And if you pick a photo, the main galley directory will be opened. The library doesn't provide the method to sepcify the path of saving files and picking files.

For the function, you could report the request to the author of the plugin on github.