Forum Xamarin.Forms

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Creating Profile page

Hi Techie,
I want to design and implement profile with an image for Profile picture. I'm not getting the design of it ?.

Can you guys can help me out ?

Thanks in advance,
Vasanth

Best Answer

Answers

• YelinzhYelinzh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

What effect do you want to achieve? Could you post a picture to show that? Here is a related profile page UI page, code the code. The xaml uses some plugins to display the views, you could replace it with the control of xamarin.forms.

Check the link:
    https://github.com/syncfusion/essential-ui-kit-for-xamarin.forms/blob/master/EssentialUIKit/Views/Forms/AddProfilePage.xaml

• Vasanthakumar06Vasanthakumar06 Member ✭✭✭

Hi Jarvan ,

If we want to use , Syncfusion we need to get pay right ? . In my case, i could not able to pay of it . I need free design UI Page.

Added the Picture of Sample. Refer to that attachment, Once i clicked the profile picture it will bring me to gallery folder and choose the picture of it and save . Once i clicked save button it must display in profile page (Circled Image )

Thanks,
    Vasanth

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity admin

@Vasanthakumar06

Your attachment can be built using an Image, 4 Entry Views and a Button, all in a Layout of your choice (StackLayout, Grid etc).

Give it a try and see how far you get. If you get stuck, post what you have done to this forum thread and people will be able to point you in the right direction.

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity admin

@Jarvan said:
    @Vasanthakumar06 To display the UI as the picture shown, try using the following controls of xamarin.forms.

<StackLayout  VerticalOptions="CenterAndExpand">
        <Frame HorizontalOptions="Center" WidthRequest="70" HeightRequest="70" CornerRadius="35" Padding="0" >
            <Image Source="grid_" HeightRequest="35"/>
        </Frame>
        <Label Text="User Name:"/>
        <Entry />

<Label Text="Date of Birth"/>
        <DatePicker />

<Label Text="Place:"/>
        <Entry />
        <Label Text="Name"/>
        <Entry />

<Button Text="Update my profile" HorizontalOptions="CenterAndExpand" VerticalOptions="End"/>
    </StackLayout>

Based on the OP's screenshot, I'd suggest using the Placeholder property of the Entry Views rather than using Label.