Forum Xamarin.Android
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Can't create APK file after upgrade to VS Community 2019 16.7.5

Since I upgraded my VS Community to the latest version I can't create a functioning APK file for my projects.

After some research i changed csproj file to this (the red rectangles are the bits I added to the file):

This actually allowed me to create an APK file. The problem is that when I install it on a device the app crashes whenever it uses MySQL. But if I debug the app on the same device it works fine. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• nmdomingosnmdomingos Member
    Accepted Answer

@ColeX Yes i did, didn't work. Meanwhile I solved it by editing csproj in a different way.

Now it's working

Answers

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited October 12

Before editing the csproj file did you try to delete bin and obj folders ?

Check this similar issue here : https://github.com/xamarin/xamarin-android/issues/3714 .

• nmdomingosnmdomingos Member
    Accepted Answer

@ColeX Yes i did, didn't work. Meanwhile I solved it by editing csproj in a different way.

Now it's working

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

I see the difference between the two configurations is AndroidLinkMode , it changes from Full to SdkOnly .

If your problem has been resolved , could you mark your solution as answer to help who's facing the same problem .