Forum Cross Platform with Xamarin
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Including Android resources in cross platform library.

Hi all. I've created a multiplatform library for my xamarin projects using CheeseBaron's answer in this (link) StackOverflow discussion. Works like a charm and I'm happy with it. And now I want more... : )

The thing I'd like to do is to include Android resources (icons, layouts, strings, etc.) in the Android version of the library. Unfortunately I can't get that to work. I've been looking around for answers but haven't found anything conclusive yet. My question is: can it be done? If so, how? If not, what are my alternatives?

Thanks in advance...

Answers

• LeonLuLeonLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

I search it this, I found you can create Xamarin Android Layout Resources in library project in the android platform. like following link.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58459868/xamarin-android-layout-resources-in-library-project-not-included-in-application

It cannot create a library for all the cross platform.

• BertHeesakkersBertHeesakkers Member ✭✭

Thank @LeonLu, I've seen that link as well. Unfortunately, that's different from what I'm struggling with. The project described in the link I included is starts of as a standard .NET library not an Android library. The issue is that the build step to process the resources and generate the proper Resource.Designer.cs file is not triggered. I think I would need to know how to manage that.

• LeonLuLeonLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Do you mean you want to binding an android library, then this library contains Android resources?