Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

ListView ContextAction keyboard accessibility on UWP

JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity admin

With a Xamarin.Forms ListView on UWP, how can the user popup the context menu (the one containing ContextActions) using the keyboard for the currently selected item? I thought it was Shift+F10 (perhaps I'm having brain-fade and have got the wrong key combination), but nothing is happening using XF 3.4 .

Answers

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity admin
    edited October 4

@JohnHardman said:
    With a Xamarin.Forms ListView on UWP, how can the user popup the context menu (the one containing ContextActions) using the keyboard for the currently selected item? I thought it was Shift+F10 (perhaps I'm having brain-fade and have got the wrong key combination), but nothing is happening using XF 3.4 .

@LandLu @ColeX @LeonLu - Just re-visiting this as about to re-factor some code to use whichever of ListView, CollectionView or SfTreeView gives the best UX, including support for accessibility. Any idea which key combination pops up the ContextAction menu on a UWP ListView in XF 4.8 or later? Or is this something the XF ListView simply does not do yet, and so an issue is required in GitHub?

[Edit: I've just logged an issue at https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/issues/12355 , but I would be happy to hear that I'm missing something and that context menus can be used with the keyboard out-of-the-box]