Forum Xamarin Xamarin.iOS

iOS 14: Application is crashing when deploying to real device

XavierPerseguersXavierPerseguers CHMember ✭✭✭
edited September 24 in Xamarin.iOS

Hello,

Using:

• VS for mac v8.7.8 (build 4)
  • Xamarin.iOS 14.0.0.0

Same code as with previous version (latest Xamarin.iOS 13.xyz before stable upgrade). I cannot deploy anymore my XF project on a iOS 14 iPhone. It works properly with an Android device, an Android emulator and an iOS emulator, but it crashes right after showing the splash/loading screen with:

Sorry, tried many times to copy/paste content but the dialog auto-closes quite quickly not letting me time to click, select and copy to clipboard and I don't know where to gather those logs either. Xcode sees no logs on my device.

Any idea? I was running Xamarin.Forms v4.6-something and tried to upgrade to 4.8.0.1451 but the crash is the same.

Best Answers

• XavierPerseguersXavierPerseguers CHMember ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Thanks @ColeX I've had the feeling as well it was related. I am indeed using v3.4.2 and tried to go back to v3.4.1 but problem was the same.

But your guess is correct, I just tried to comment out the initialisation in AppDelegate.cs -> FinishedLaunching():

// Registering with Microsoft App Center (https://appcenter.ms)
    //AppCenter.Start(Strings.LicenseMicrosoftAppCenterIos, typeof(Analytics), typeof(Crashes));

and my app does not crash anymore. Strange that this has not been caught as both products are from Microsoft but I'll simply wait for next upgrade of their library, not a big deal as I'm not planing another release "soon" ;-)

Thanks.

Answers

Accepted Answer

Thanks @ColeX I've had the feeling as well it was related. I am indeed using v3.4.2 and tried to go back to v3.4.1 but problem was the same.

But your guess is correct, I just tried to comment out the initialisation in AppDelegate.cs -> FinishedLaunching():

// Registering with Microsoft App Center (https://appcenter.ms)
    //AppCenter.Start(Strings.LicenseMicrosoftAppCenterIos, typeof(Analytics), typeof(Crashes));

and my app does not crash anymore. Strange that this has not been caught as both products are from Microsoft but I'll simply wait for next upgrade of their library, not a big deal as I'm not planing another release "soon" ;-)

Thanks.

By chance, I now see a temporary mono_crash.11a6748113.0.json staged for committing in git associated to my "Localization" project. So I suspect this might be related to some early usage of the CultureInfo or the ResourceManager. Anyway, will wait for a fix.

edited September 30

FYI: Version 3.4.3 of AppCenter is out and fixes the crash at startup :)