Trouble Distributing App

I've been trying to submit my app for review to the app store, however I seem to be getting stuck in one spot... I have created an Archive for my app in XS, and it shows up under the Archives tab. I choose Distribute, and this launches Application Loader. I click Deliver your app, select my app from the drop down list, and click next. Application Information is brought up. If I click choose, an open file dialog appears here. What am I supposed to do from here??? Any help is greatly appreciated!

• BlakeDavidsonBlakeDavidson USMember ✭✭

Nevermind... Went through Xcode. A bit confusing if I must say so myself...

• Bob_ReckBob_Reck USMember ✭✭✭

Before you start the iTunes connect process, you should build your app with the AppStore configuration. This will create the IPA file and put it in the bin\iphone\appstore folder under your project directory. That's the file you should pick when you go through the application loader.

Bob

• DannyCDannyC US ✭✭✭✭

@Bob, went through this same process today. Do you know what the difference is between selecting the IPA vs. creating a zip app bundle or is there even any difference?

• Bob_ReckBob_Reck USMember ✭✭✭

I honestly do not. I've only ever done the IPA since that's that the application loader looks for.

• DannyCDannyC US ✭✭✭✭

thanks Bob

• RockMeAmadeusRockMeAmadeus USMember ✭✭

@Bob, went through this same process today. Do you know what the difference is between selecting the IPA vs. creating a zip app bundle or is there even any difference?

I know a couple of occasions where "just zipping it" didn't work for me. But I can't recall all of the occasions. At least one occasion where it does not seem to work is when you try to upload your "just zipped" IPA to hockeyapp. YMMV